Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2005 6:17:47 PM EDT
because I would have had a hell of a time explaining why I had 13060 rounds of ammo, a CZ52 and a M44 Nagant on board.

first time to JG sales, good thing I live almost 4 hours away otherwise I'd go broke.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:54:48 PM EDT
It's gonna take a LONG time to shoot that ammo in the mosin and the cz

Good luck

TXL
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:23:06 PM EDT
I wish I had a pile that big just for those, but alas I have more mouths to feed
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:30:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
I wish I had a pile that big just for those, but alas I have more mouths to feed

Heck, send some to me, I'll feed them. Just the kind of feller I am.

txl
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:10:45 PM EDT

because I would have had a hell of a time explaining why I had 13060 rounds of ammo, a CZ52 and a M44 Nagant on board.

first time to JG sales, good thing I live almost 4 hours away otherwise I'd go broke.

THIRTEEN THOUSAND ROUNDS OF AMMO?

Dude, you better check your shocks after that, I'm pretty sure they are shot, they aren't designed for that kind of weight.

Great place, though, isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:15:46 PM EDT
You probably don't need this warning but be very careful with the CZ52.

I know someone who has a hole in their bedroom wall after decocking his loaded CZ52 in the house.

Under no circumstances do you want to trust the safety or attempt to decock a CZ52.

Also don't dry fire it much. You will break the firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:55:16 PM EDT

I'm like 2 miles from there, I usually go in once a week at lunch time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:15:00 PM EDT
I've been there a few times for ammo, but probably won't go back. I wasn't very impressed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:30:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By asu174:
I've been there a few times for ammo, but probably won't go back. I wasn't very impressed.

I've been there once for some Federal 9mm Hyrdashok.
It's the only time I plan on going in there.
Not impressed at all.
I' think I'd rather take a tour of the Ruger plant.

Jay

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2005 3:30:01 PM EDT by TheRedHorseman]

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
You probably don't need this warning but be very careful with the CZ52.

I know someone who has a hole in their bedroom wall after decocking his loaded CZ52 in the house.

Under no circumstances do you want to trust the safety or attempt to decock a CZ52.

Also don't dry fire it much. You will break the firing pin.

yep already knew that going in. strangely using the pencil test, the decocker works just fine on this one. but with my luck if I ever try it with live ammo it wont work.

and as far as my shocks go, they're dead already
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:44:25 PM EDT
How do you feel about going back next wed?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:45:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rob_M:

you driving?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:45:09 PM EDT
My cousin had an ND(or two) out front of their store once. Instead of leaving, he stayed out front and waited for the police to arrive, went to court, did community service etc. Basically he understood he made a mistake and owned up to it. J&G completly screwed him over, charging him in the thousands of dollars to fix a hole in a rain gutter. If he had left and been caught later, there would have been reason for their behavior, but he was honest and took his punishment yet they treated him as a criminal. Unfortunetly because of this, they lost a few customers, since we were there with 6 people about to go shooting. Now none of us 6, and other close family friends will not do business with them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:54:51 PM EDT

you driving?

sure, toss me the keys to your bimmer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:20:58 PM EDT

you driving?

umm, next time I'm taking the samurai dude
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:59:04 PM EDT

you driving?

umm, next time I'm taking the samurai dude

Should I bring a AAA card?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:07:14 PM EDT

Should I bring a AAA card?

shouldnt need it, I finally got the bottom end put back together today and it should be running this weekend, assuming I'm allowed to work on the damn thing.(damn I need to hurry up and get that house)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:17:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Turkeh:
My cousin had an ND(or two) out front of their store once. Instead of leaving, he stayed out front and waited for the police to arrive, went to court, did community service etc. Basically he understood he made a mistake and owned up to it. J&G completly screwed him over, charging him in the thousands of dollars to fix a hole in a rain gutter. If he had left and been caught later, there would have been reason for their behavior, but he was honest and took his punishment yet they treated him as a criminal. Unfortunetly because of this, they lost a few customers, since we were there with 6 people about to go shooting. Now none of us 6, and other close family friends will not do business with them.

Join the club. Bunch of rude assholes. Gave me a quote on an SAR-1 only to fuck me when I got there. I drove up from Phoenix, so it was a little while getting there and all. The first thing I noticed was how they just cycled "salemen" around like musical chairs. Finally got one to show me the rifle and I asked about the price I was quoted on the phone. He said, "No, those went up yesterday". I replied by telling him I was just quoted two hours earlier. He asked some other dickhead and they said no as well. So I hand him the rifle and look at the "newpaper" they had still sitting out on both display counters. It was the same one as mine and had the price I was quoted. Then they got all pissy and stated that prices go up, we don't have resources to update the internet or our papers everyday. I'm like "So the price just goes up 60 bucks like that and a qoute doesn't mean anything?". He just looked at me like I was the asshole and walked towards the back. I went ahead and looked at some other shit, mostly what they have, shit, and noticed someone else walked out during a sale. This guy tore up the form and walked out! They're a bunch of cocksucking assholes.. Fuck J&G
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:15:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Misery:

Originally Posted By Turkeh:

Join the club. Bunch of rude assholes. Gave me a quote on an SAR-1 only to fuck me when I got there. I drove up from Phoenix, so it was a little while getting there and all. The first thing I noticed was how they just cycled "salemen" around like musical chairs. Finally got one to show me the rifle and I asked about the price I was quoted on the phone. He said, "No, those went up yesterday". I replied by telling him I was just quoted two hours earlier. He asked some other dickhead and they said no as well. So I hand him the rifle and look at the "newpaper" they had still sitting out on both display counters. It was the same one as mine and had the price I was quoted. Then they got all pissy and stated that prices go up, we don't have resources to update the internet or our papers everyday. I'm like "So the price just goes up 60 bucks like that and a qoute doesn't mean anything?". He just looked at me like I was the asshole and walked towards the back. I went ahead and looked at some other shit, mostly what they have, shit, and noticed someone else walked out during a sale. This guy tore up the form and walked out! They're a bunch of cocksucking assholes.. Fuck J&G

I had a similar experience with them (actually twice) waaaay back when they were on Price Rd. in Tempe before they moved north. Sounds like they haven't changed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:48:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cmm: I had a similar experience with them (actually twice) waaaay back when they were on Price Rd. in Tempe before they moved north. Sounds like they haven't changed.

They've always had a location up North, the Price Rd. location waaaay back when was their second location.

I've purchased 3 firearms and a bunch of ammo, from them over a course of 15yrs and the customer service keeps getting worse. Probably won't deal with them again.
Top Top