Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 7:07:53 PM EDT
So Im back in WI a month ago and I eye a mint Sig P229 at Western Shooters Supply for a good price. Judging by the marks on it, I'd say it was fired less than 50 times.

I make a offer to just throw in the tax so its the asking price out-the-door and they refuse....and I leave.

After some thought, I come back a week later and it is still there, I agree to pay the asking price + tax but, after I imform them of my state of residence, they will not sell a handgun to a non-WI resident.

I get a place set up back in WI and am starting a new job. I'm officially moved. I got my WI DL and again hit MSS in passing in hopes of aquiring the Sig. I'm approved for the NICS and the additional WI background check after completeing the paperwork. I'm excited to get the gun. Then a debate occurs between two counter guys with a law book they inform me I need to be a WI resident for 3 months before I can purchase a handgun in WI.

So thats my story, im a bit dissapointed as Im AOK with the FEDS and was a CHL holder for years... but, the state law says no.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
well that sucks..btw welcome back to wi
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a good thing that your twin brother with the same name as yours has been living in WI for the last 20 years right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top