Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 1:05:37 PM EDT
Has anyone in the SW wa area gotten there cpl permit the same day.
camas and the vancouver staters said 30 days or so, seems retarded I have my DE permit and wa is a shall issue seems like If I pass the test it should be good to go.

I have no problem OC as I do quite often but its nice to CC in some places or in some weather..

thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It took me nearly the full 60 days as a new WA resident (applied 4 months into living here).
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine in 48hours....
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone in the SW wa area gotten there cpl permit the same day.
camas and the vancouver staters said 30 days or so, seems retarded I have my DE permit and wa is a shall issue seems like If I pass the test it should be good to go.

I have no problem OC as I do quite often but its nice to CC in some places or in some weather..

thanks for any info.

The "test" you have to pass is a Federal background check, so you are waiting on, not only the local bureaucracy––prints, forms, send data off––but  then the feds, as well.  THEN it has to come back to the city/county, and then the sheriff or chief has to sign it.

I got my original in 2 weeks, from Tacoma, back in '83, when I was stationed at Ft Lewis, with an MI Battalion for a mailing address.  Never heard of an original going faster.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
5 days for me, it seems to vary wildly depending on how popluated the area is.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
you can try, the Clark county sheriff is great more signing forms etc... but they took longer than the allowed time to get me my carry permit, you might try one of the other counties or just call them and explain your situation
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Usually takes a few days................my first one came back in about 18 days, my most recent renewal came back in 10.

It varies from agency to agency I believe.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Same day??? That is a good one...

Non resident permit took right at 45 and resident permit took about 30 days from Clark County for me...
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
It helps to have a name nobody else does i got mine in 25 mins.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The way most agencies do permits is inefficient, as is the fact that they are all TYPED(as in a typewriter) by hand. Depending on your background, the NCIC/WACIC check can pages long and they have to be gone over by hand. The triplicate form has to be seperated, two copies mailed, and one filed. If our permits were modernized and the process streamlined, it'd be quick
The amount of paper alone is stupid.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You got a permit out of the Clark County Sheriffs office in 25 minutes????

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Isn't the current requirement that you have to get if from the jurisdiction where you live?  That is, since I live in Dupont in Pierce County, my only choices are Dupont City authorities (who don't do them) or the Pierce County Sheriff/LESA.  I can't go to another county who does them faster, right?  (Not that I'm due for renewall or anything...just saying).

rob
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got a permit out of the Clark County Sheriffs office in 25 minutes????

no sorry, I am in Yakima county
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#15]
There was a time when Thurston county could issue on the same day, but those days are long gone...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top