Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 6:09:25 AM EDT
If a person lives in MO, must they have a MO permit, or can they legally carry on a different State permit that is otherwise recognized by MO ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Missouri residents can carry with out of state permits. There are advantages for instate permits

In State
Reciprocity
Supports the cause and numbers if tried to be repealed
Supports the local legislator (the more we have the better chance it would be harder to mess it up in some fashion because there are X million permit holders with MO Permits) Power in numbers.
There are some states such as KS and CO that no longer recognize those UT out of state permits. Your MO permit is good in those states
where to have the endorsement placed
\Drivers Licenses
\Who see it, HR, Cash Checking, store clerks, gas station attendants
Once ID to carry
CCW permit is good for 3 years, driver's license 6 years
State ID
Decide who see’s it
Less expensive then renewing a CDL
Second for of ID
Still have CCW if DL is suspended, revoked, or confiscated

Out of State
Having to explain it’s valid on the side of the road to an ill informed officer.
Some are cheaper with longer terms
Travel, good in more states if you have more than one permit

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap571.htm

571.107. 1. A concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize the person in whose name the permit or endorsement is issued to carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person or vehicle throughout the state.

http://ago.mo.gov/Concealed-Weapons/Concealed-Carry-Reciprocity-Missouri.htm

http://handgunlaw.us/

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if you'll be crossing the border into Kansas - but they only recognize a permit if it was issued by the state in which the person is a resident of.  If you're from MN and have a FL or UT permit and carry in Kansas, you'd be breaking the law.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the clarification.  The question came to me from a MO resident that was curious.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Im 19 years old, if MO does not lower the ccw age to 21 as it is being talked about, can I get one from FL and ccw before I turn 23?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get a Maine permit at age 18 and carry CCW in MO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top