Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
anyone have any experience with the one from SA?
Ordered one for my already registered SBR... that I messed up on... and it doesn't seem to fit with the upper...

:(
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:26:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2015 10:29:05 PM EDT by JeepinMaxx]
I assume you have a large pin Colt lower with a standard pin upper?  I have the conversion pin if you want to try it out.  Mine was a kit from Brownells part number 231-015-016 and includes the receiver off-set pin and a bushing to fit an old large pin upper to a standard .250 pin lower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:09 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:
I assume you have a large pin Colt lower with a standard pin upper?  I have the conversion pin if you want to try it out.  Mine was a kit from Brownells part number 231-015-016 and includes the receiver off-set pin and a bushing to fit an old large pin upper to a standard .250 pin lower.
View Quote

Those are what I use as well.  They are the best I have found.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:56:58 PM EDT
i got it to fit... just needed some oil... and some elbow grease.. not happy about the lower purchase i made... unfortunately I didn't educate my self... but its already registered... and should go boom... disassemble just a tad of a pita.

hopefully some range time sunday... once i get the upper put together and not just mocked up
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:06:46 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lsignor:
i got it to fit... just needed some oil... and some elbow grease.. not happy about the lower purchase i made... unfortunately I didn't educate my self... but its already registered... and should go boom... disassemble just a tad of a pita.

hopefully some range time sunday... once i get the upper put together and not just mocked up
View Quote

You can always send it to M60Joe and have him fix it for you. Then you will have a mil spec lower.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:23:33 AM EDT
It doesn't have a mag fence... So it would still be antiquated.

From what I understand he does great work, but not cheap... Minds well just source another preban and get another stamp
Top Top