Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/19/2012 3:12:50 PM EST
Last week the inlaws went with us to the chatahoocee river trail / walking area. We took the dogs with us and at some point the mother in law let their dog drink out of a community dog bowl by the bathrooms. I did not let ours drink from there. That night she began throwing up and did not eat very much. The next morning they took her to the vet and they said she had a spot on her lungs and an enlarged liver. Apparently she went home the same day but has since got way worse.

Today her lungs were covered with some type of infection or something and her liver is still enlarged. She is extremely dehydrated and throwing up everywhere. They are watching her tonight and medicating her. Hope she pulls through.

Our dogs are siblings and up to date on everything. They always eat and drink after each other and are usually doing the same thing. The only thing they did different was the girl drank water he did not. I may be wrong but i figured i would want a heads up if it could maybe keep my little buddy safe.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:28:59 PM EST
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:12:36 PM EST
I will relay this to my friends

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:14:47 PM EST
Hope the puppy gets better quick.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:03 PM EST
Sounds like legionnaires or something crazy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:33:13 PM EST
Which branch of the park were you at?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:46:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By BillyPumper:
Last week the inlaws went with us to the chatahoocee river trail / walking area. We took the dogs with us and at some point the mother in law let their dog drink out of a community dog bowl by the bathrooms. I did not let ours drink from there. That night she began throwing up and did not eat very much. The next morning they took her to the vet and they said she had a spot on her lungs and an enlarged liver. Apparently she went home the same day but has since got way worse.

Today her lungs were covered with some type of infection or something and her liver is still enlarged. She is extremely dehydrated and throwing up everywhere. They are watching her tonight and medicating her. Hope she pulls through.

Our dogs are siblings and up to date on everything. They always eat and drink after each other and are usually doing the same thing. The only thing they did different was the girl drank water he did not. I may be wrong but i figured i would want a heads up if it could maybe keep my little buddy safe.

Sounds a little bit strange to develop spots on the lungs and enlarged liver in less than 24 hours.
What was the final diagnosis?

I hope that their dog gets better soon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:20 AM EST
Prayers for the pup.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:57:54 AM EST
Sounds to me like mold or a fungal infection. My buddy is with the park service and he said there is mold spores growing on some of the leaves out at some parks that can get dogs sick.

Make sure your vet is on the right track. Uga has an awesome vet hospital and they are much cheaper than the local folks. I'd be on my way up there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:09:09 AM EST
Forgive me because im not from the area but we entered on the johnson ferry side, and the dog got the water from the other side. We walked on Monday. The dog was first taken to the vet on wed. She got worse over the next few days and was taken to the vet again on the following monday. I have not heard anything from the mil since last night. I am hoping the dog will be fine and just wanted to put this out there.

Both dogs are inside dogs and were together for a week doing everything together. The only thing my dog didnt do was drink water frrom the crusty bowl near the bathrooms at the park. I could be wrong in my assessment of the situation, but figured if i was right i could maybe save some people a little heart ache and cash.

Hopefully she will be fine and we will learn what she has.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:32:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By BillyPumper:
Forgive me because im not from the area but we entered on the johnson ferry side, and the dog got the water from the other side. We walked on Monday. The dog was first taken to the vet on wed. She got worse over the next few days and was taken to the vet again on the following monday. I have not heard anything from the mil since last night. I am hoping the dog will be fine and just wanted to put this out there.

Both dogs are inside dogs and were together for a week doing everything together. The only thing my dog didnt do was drink water frrom the crusty bowl near the bathrooms at the park. I could be wrong in my assessment of the situation, but figured if i was right i could maybe save some people a little heart ache and cash.

Hopefully she will be fine and we will learn what she has.

OK...It was over several days.

I do hope that your parents dog recovers. We lost our dog of 10 years in February. I wish it on no one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:17:45 AM EST
I am sorry to hear of the dogs aliment. I hope she gets better soon!

Since there a hundreds of dogs at that park every week, I highly doubt the water had anything to do with the sickness. If it did, the story would be all over the news.

Top Top