Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:55:00 AM EDT
last sunday night about 12 midnight  while working. i usually have to meet my associate just about midnight on sundays. so we agree to meet in the parking lot of a udf store along rt 4. i got there a little early so i went in the store to get a soft drink and came back out.

my part time job requires that i carry large sums of money sometimes as was the case on this sunday.

i got back into my jeep and locked the doors. just as the lock snapped i see this "gentleman" walking towards my jeep from the side of the store. he walks up and tells me to open my door that he wants to talk to me. i told him no.

as i did this i reached down and took ahold of my .45 loaded with silvertips. i told him to walk away from the jeep. he said no i need to talk to you. i started the jeep and he pulled what looked like a knife. i pulled the .45 and showed it to him and asked if it was worth dying for and that i was about five seconds from shooting him in the head.

he turned and ran back around the side of the store.

i called the local cops and when they arrived i told them what had happened. they talked to the store clerk who had seen the whole thing from inside the store. he told them the same story except for the verbal part.

according to the clerk a guy simliar to my idiot was in the store about 30 minutes before i came in.

one cop who was a real nice guy asked me if i would have shot the guy. i told him in a fucking heartbeat.

he asked me what type of pistol i was carrying and i told him. we wound up talking about guns for about 20 minutes till my associate got there.

so there you have the whole story. the cops never asked to see my permit, after i told them that i was a permit holder and that i was armed.

retdet
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad your ok. I bet that guy couldnt run fast enough when he seen your pistol. Maybe you and your associate should change locations more often.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You did good except for the 5 second thing, that woulda been too long
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
five milli-seconds from shooting him in the head.

Just fixed that one.  I hope that you at least had it pointed at him when you said this, just in case he was carrying also.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
wow, glad you made it through that.  good job staying calm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glad your ok. I bet that guy couldnt run fast enough when he seen your pistol. Maybe you and your associate should change locations more often.

never in the same location.......

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You did good except for the 5 second thing, that woulda been too long

he was not too close so i knew that he was a chicken shit of sorts....i could have shot him, but if he had moving forward i would have had to have shot him....

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
wow, glad you made it through that.  good job staying calm.

it's all about the training as you well know.......

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Score one for the good guys.  Glad you are OK and that you have no court appearances in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad you are OK.  This is why we should all have a gun with us at all times.  For me it is like wearing my seat belt I don’t just wear it when I plan on crashing my car how
I am glad the mere presence of the gun was enough to send him on his way.  It would have been unfortunate if he forced you to shoot him.

BTW What part of RT 4 were you on?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
yes i am okay.

my associate and i have decided to move our meeting area up the road about a mile or so.

but we will be ready this coming sunday.....

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Straight from condition yellow to condition brown!  Super-happy you're OK.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Glad you are OK.  This is why we should all have a gun with us at all times.  For me it is like wearing my seat belt I don’t just wear it when I plan on crashing my car Anyhow the big thing is that you are OK.

I am glad the mere presence of the gun was enough to send him on his way.  It would have been unfortunate if he forced you to shoot him.

BTW What part of RT 4 were you on?

we were in butler county......

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#13]
First of all, gotta commend you on your excellent situational awareness.  Second, it’s nice to see a LEO being supportive of fellow citizens’ right to defend themselves. Finally, note to self, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top