Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2005 9:03:50 PM EDT
Having some trouble getting in contact with dealers close to me (NE corner of indiana)...

I have tried crown point and it seems their email isnt working, thought about laporte... they are both still kinda far away.. 130+ miles.

any idea of a closer class III?

thanks..
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never ventured to your part of the state, so I'm basically useless on this question. Here's the info I found on the two you mentioned though:

Mike Stevens
Specialties: Class 3
5788 E. 105th Place
Crown Point, IN 46307
Phone: (219) 662-7641
E-mail: [email protected]

M. J. Taggart's Arms & Ammunition
Attn: Michael J. Taggart
Specialties: Class 2, NRA Certified Instructor
LaPorte, IN
FAX: (219) 326-5439 / Leave Message
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
the area code up here changed from 219 to 260, but i really wanted to go with Mike because i've actually met him.

His email address does NOT work. it comes back every time. I'm thinking about giving them a call, actually.

Laporte is closer by 30 miles and would be my second choice.

Danville is somewhere southwest of indy, and that doesn't help me much, that's probably your C3 ?

You can try emailing mike, but no matter what i do it keeps coming back. i tried adding and changing it to msteve, mstevens, mstev, everything. oh well, phones have been around longer than email.
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
You might try calling information and seeing about new phone numbers.

Danville is somewhere southwest of indy, and that doesn't help me much, that's probably your C3

Yeah, I've used Sunset Weapons in Danville before. It's about 10 miles due west of Indy. I now use Acme Sports in Seymour, as it is about half the distance. Not to mention that the owner posts here frequently under the screen name "Jigga".

You can also do transfers by mail, which is something that I've done. Find a class 3 dealer and make the purchase by credit card or money order. Have the dealer send you the paperwork, get it completed, and then send it back to the dealer. That way, the only trip you need to make is to pick up your NFA item, which is a drive I'm sure that you'd be pleased to make.
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can also do transfers by mail, which is something that I've done. Find a class 3 dealer and make the purchase by credit card or money order. Have the dealer send you the paperwork, get it completed, and then send it back to the dealer. That way, the only trip you need to make is to pick up your NFA item, which is a drive I'm sure that you'd be pleased to make.

that's actually the smartest thing ive heard all day, and it makes sense. DUH.. do it by phone and mail and then make the drive to pick it up....

ha, im so dumb sometimes
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll help you with whatever you need. Like M4M said we can do it by mail. I have a guy way up in Albion that comes down to do biz with me. He regulars here by the name compuvette. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never ventured to your part of the state, so I'm basically useless on this question. Here's the info I found on the two you mentioned though:

Mike Stevens
5788 E. 105th Place
Crown Point, IN 46307

My understanding Mike is no longer doing biz due to health.
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that, u sure you're not just saying it?

Anyway, yeah albion is like a 20 mile drive from here or less... That's awesome...

I may look at doing business with you in the future then.

Would you please post your info here for my reference? name, email, website, address even... if at all possible, please?

Also, how much do you charge for transfer of suppressors or other NFA to civilians?

Thank you,
Typhoon
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that, u sure you're not just saying it?

Anyway, yeah albion is like a 20 mile drive from here or less... That's awesome...

I may look at doing business with you in the future then.

Would you please post your info here for my reference? name, email, website, address even... if at all possible, please?

Also, how much do you charge for transfer of suppressors or other NFA to civilians?

Thank you,
Typhoon

No, not just saying it. I had a chance last year to buy his whole machinegun collection before they went up for grabs. He needed to get most money out of them and that is why they got sold on the net for more than he was asking around here.  My contact info will be emailed to you soon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Thumbs up for M. J. Taggart.

Quoted:
No, not just saying it. I had a chance last year to buy his whole machinegun collection before they went up for grabs.

Mike is a great guy and his collection was amazing!

He's a young guy to have health problems. I though he was getting out of the biz due to shoddy BATF record keeping. He showed me two Thompson MGs - both Form 4s had tax stamps with the same serial # written on them. He was less than thrilled with the hassle of getting it corrected.
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, not just saying it. I had a chance last year to buy his whole machinegun collection before they went up for grabs.

He's a young guy to have health problems. I though he was getting out of the biz due to shoddy BATF record keeping. He showed me two Thompson MGs - both Form 4s had tax stamps with the same serial # written on them. He was less than thrilled with the hassle of getting it corrected.

That's interesting...

P.S. Jigga, no email or PM yet with ur info... FYI, thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not MJ guys. It was Mike Stevens who is supposed to be ill.
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
If Lafayette is not to far out your way the new Flat Creek Indoor range has a C3.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike Stevens
5788 E. 105th Place
Crown Point, IN 46307

and Mike sold off his collection

Midwest Exchange is a Class 3 dealer also in Mishawaka

Link Posted: 4/17/2005 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike Stevens
5788 E. 105th Place
Crown Point, IN 46307

and Mike sold off his collection

Midwest Exchange is a Class 3 dealer also in Mishawaka

Midwest sucks! I wouldn't buy a boresnake from those A-holes.

Try Kent Parker   www.class3sales.com he is also in LaPorte
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#15]
mishawaka is very close...

why not midwest ?

Why are they so bad?
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
mishawaka is very close...

why not midwest ?

Why are they so bad?

Yes, they suck, ZERO customer service and they will rape your ass.

Try Amy Koga in New Carlisle 574-654-3095, Koga's Pistol Parlor, I met her today at a show.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Ty,
Did you ever find any class 3 dealers in NE IN?  I will be looking for can soonhinking.gif
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ty,
Did you ever find any class 3 dealers in NE IN?  I will be looking for can soon

not extremely close.. closest was west of me, anything reliable was 100-110 miles away. where are you located at?

P.S., you can do 99% of the stuff through the mail, and probably 100% if you dont need to pick it up in person.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in Fort Wayne area.  This will be my first class 3, so I don't know how much I realy want to do the mail thing on my first go around.  I guess I'll go down to Wyatt's in Cicero.  I've bought a couple of guns their when I lived down in that area, but never a class 3.  Wyatt's isn't the cheapest, but has A1 rep.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm in Fort Wayne area.  This will be my first class 3, so I don't know how much I realy want to do the mail thing on my first go around.  I guess I'll go down to Wyatt's in Cicero.  I've bought a couple of guns their when I lived down in that area, but never a class 3.  Wyatt's isn't the cheapest, but has A1 rep.

He handled my transfer and he is definitely a stand up guy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#21]
class3sales.com in laporte kent is a pretty damn good guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top