Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:51:35 PM EDT
im a nut for this stuff and the only thing i have found around here is an abandoned nike missle site besides various abandoned homes. i went through an empty flour mill and some abandoned building downtown.

in salt lake city i found a kick ass out of buisness health club salt lake athletic club, still had all the stuff in it.

i know a fella can get in trouble. what else is around missouri? not looking for tourist attractions with guided tours just weird stuff. i forgot about stull kansas cemetary been there already.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Your in Missouri the friggin cave state, of course there are caves.
Which urban area are you talking about?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact the National Speleological Society for a list of caving clubs in your area.  In St. Louis there are two big groups, MVG and MMV.  In KC the KCAG group comes to mind.  Go to a meeting, talk to some folks (Most are very nice.)  And you will soon find yourself underground.  I have been in organised caving for twenty years and traveled all over the US and Mexico exploring caves with folks from MVG.  Oh yes, when you get involved, go to a MVOR.  Its an awsome cave related camping party we hold twice a year with a few hundred cavers attending!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Southwest Missouri is FULL of caves, sinkholes, and other assorted cool stuff. Try hanging out in Barry County (but a word of caution, most landowners down here will still take a shot at you for tresspassing...).
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
A kid in one of my classes wrote a paper about exploring tunnels in Springfield.  He said there were alot of hobos in 'em.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Where I used to live, between Lawrence and Barry counties, there was a BNSF rail thru the edge of my property. There was a tunnel underneath it, and it was a popular place for the "hobos" to rest at. Some were a little rough, and were told to move on, while others were left alone.

you would often see an entire family walking the tracks, all their possessions on their backs'. Kinda sad.

/end hijack
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
And KC has tones of man made caves. there is a back road a few mins from my house that has an extra large man hole cover, which when opened lead to a probably 100-150 foot iron spirled stair case which goes streight down in to a hugh open cavern that is competly black, but is obviously man made. origionaly we tossed severl glowsticks to the bottem then began climbing down, once we got to the bottem it had probably 2-6 inches of water and reeked for gas............whats when we decided that we should leave!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Duke-Nukem,  Wolverines?  The wife and I have always said if SHTF we would head to the woods.  We know lots of secret hideaways.  You never know!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Duke-Nukem,  Wolverines?  The wife and I have always said if SHTF we would head to the woods.  We know lots of secret hideaways.  You never know!!

Count me in!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
See my idea was that in case of SHTF, i was going to head for the hills and find a nice tree on a hill and build a huge ass tree fort.................this would be no tree house, im talking about a streight up tree fort!!! and maybe a fox holes that would sourround it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top