Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:54:51 AM EST
i went into Carters to see what was happening.
they had a big Easter basket full of 10 round mags at 25% of their already high prices.
no high cap (LEO or otherwise.) . target barrels on their no bans. they were waiting until today to order a large order of mags.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:11 AM EST
FUCK carter's country and they're high prices and snotty ass attitudes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By jadams951:
FUCK carter's country and they're high prices and snotty ass attitudes.

Don't hold back, come on let us know how you really feel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:26:36 AM EST
If you go in and dressed all yuppie like then you get first service but if you go in looking grungy they'll make you wait until they take care of the other customers that were not there when you got there. Second time it's happened there. Fuck em all!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:21:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By jadams951:
If you go in and dressed all yuppie like then you get first service but if you go in looking grungy they'll make you wait until they take care of the other customers that were not there when you got there. Second time it's happened there. Fuck em all!

+1, and I had cash money to spend too. So, to reiterate, FUCK CARTER'S COUNTRY!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:37:48 AM EST
I shop at the pasadena store and they are a little more layed back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:00:59 PM EST
I shop at the one on 59 and Murphy road. They treated me well and always had pretty good sells going on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:52:36 PM EST
I shop at the 59/Murphy location too. Maybe I'm too yuppy, but they always do right by me. Some prices are high, but some are decent, and I only just do my price checking before I go in. Hard to beat the 50-packs of Black Hills 223 for $11!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:04:58 PM EST
I had a nice little class III shop down the road from my job that closed down a month before the ban expired. I dont know what happened. It was the perfect place to get all my transfers done, they offered alot of hard to find items, and they always had something worth my time or money. Used USGI mags, AK mags, AR furniture, etc.

I was looking really forward to this place once the ban susnset too. Now I have to find some other places to go here in Fort Worth. I enjoy going to Cheaper Than Dirt, but they dont really offer alot of AR stuff except whole rifles and an endless supply of steel mags. Maybe that will change now that the ban is gone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:22:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:16:51 PM EST
hmmm i usually go to the one on treswhig and 1960 only time i have problems is when i ask to look at something they act like its too troublesome to do their job, but this only happens with the male workers. when i just go to shoot i only deal with the female workers and they are always nice
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:31:28 PM EST
Yeah....they're punks at the one on Treschwig. I don't what's they're deal. Maybe they get a lot of dumbasses in there, but the one on 59 and I-10 are okay, they've been helpful the few times I've gone there.

-m
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:23:47 AM EST
As long as you ask questions that can be answered in the pages of guns and ammo you are fine at carters. When you bring up things like matched badger base and rings for you’re your 1000yd Rem 700 or how you wished they stocked Eagle industries instead of uncle mikes. It takes them out of their element and they get pissy.

Anyone notice you can walk in an buy a $1200.00 pistol but you can’t find a descent leather holster? Notice how they sell Remington target rifles but no target scopes or how they have bore guides and no single piece rods? How they have M1A rifles but you can’t buy a scope mount for them? they have AR-15s but no magazines or aftermarket parts?

The gun store needs an enema.
Top Top