Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 10:11:55 PM EDT
SUCKS!!!

I am trying to apply for anything I qualify for so I can suck off the .gov tit when I reach the horrific old age of "retirement", and their system for applying sucks cockroach ass.  Now, I'm ready to admit that part of the problem may be the shitty satellite connection we use to get internet here, but that can't be all of the problem.  It is slow, clunky, and sometimes frightening to use (I hope I didn't just accidentally delete what I've been working on for the last couple of hours, I didn't see a confirmation window/button/warning!).

I remember the good old days when you got a paper application and had to use a pen!  A pen!!!  Anyone remember what a gold darn ink pen is?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
SUCKS!!!

I am trying to apply for anything I qualify for so I can suck off the .gov tit when I reach the horrific old age of "retirement", and their system for applying sucks cockroach ass.  Now, I'm ready to admit that part of the problem may be the shitty satellite connection we use to get internet here, but that can't be all of the problem.  It is slow, clunky, and sometimes frightening to use (I hope I didn't just accidentally delete what I've been working on for the last couple of hours, I didn't see a confirmation window/button/warning!).

I remember the good old days when you got a paper application and had to use a pen!  A pen!!!  Anyone remember what a gold darn ink pen is?

Trust me, it's NOT your connection  They just moved over to the new application system a few months ago, and it is HORRIBLE!  Just remember to never hit the back button, use the blue links on top, and SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE, and don't for get to save everything you type about every 3 minutes!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SUCKS!!!

Trust me, it's NOT your connection  They just moved over to the new application system a few months ago, and it is HORRIBLE!  Just remember to never hit the back button, use the blue links on top, and SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE, and don't for get to save everything you type about every 3 minutes!

+1

I just went through that and it's the most horrible piece of crap system I've ever seen.  Thankfully it didn't take me too long because I already had a fresh resume with most of the necessary information.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#3]
it hasnt been to bad for me so far. As a matter of fact I have an interview on wed for an office job with the DOC. Wish me luck

My mother-in-law used to do some hiring with the veterns center she worked at(she recently took a different job in tumwater at HQ)  and said right now it is filtering alot of people out because they dont know how to use it. So if you can get in and get to someone about a job you usually have a good shot at it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
eeeeekkkk!

What is this pen to paper thing you are talking about?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
eeeeekkkk!

What is this pen to paper thing you are talking about?

20 or so years ago I sold off all the stock I had in paper products. Everybody was saying it was gonna be a paperless world. 2nd worst stock move I have ever made.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI...

...The V.A. is hiring.  After some bad inspections or whatever, congress finally gave them a big funding boost earlier this year.

I heard this last week from a VA Administrator-type guy I know.

(For those of you in Yelm or Rio Linda........VA=Veteran's Administration)
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to agree that it is the most screwed up program ever, but once you get everything on there, all you pretty much do is click a button every time you apply for a job. Just an F.Y.I., they like to change things to the program and make updates especially on the weekends, some things will not be accessible so don't wait till the last minute to apply for a job. Make sure your profile is released. You will not be pulled for anything if it's not released. Happy hunting!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top