Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:34:32 PM EDT
The answer is yes......... but i dont recomend it their hot

The two on the left are 45 230gr the first 2 i ever caught..... the one on the right is a
158gr 38 spcl+P load .... its the only one thats ever come back to me ......

Ingredients needed .... refrigerant drum ...... don't ask me why but it's the only thing i've ever had send them back to me  hit it on the seam or real close and with my 45 handloads it's an almost guarantee ..... come back to you at about the speed of a slow pitch softball .....  

needless to say i quit doing this after it kept hapening at 15-20~ feet maybee a little more....  
i keep a solid 10 -15 yds when i'm killing alien drums now

just a little tidbit from the files .....

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
so when are we going to test out some soft body armor?  It will be fun
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
this one time at church camp I dropped one and this chick with a bible between her knees caught it before it hit the ground andandanadandand.......................................

naw just funnin', did get shot with a redrider in the chin when I was a kid, had to dig a BB out a couple of days later after it festered up, and I got hit in the forearm with a bullet fragment, me, my brother and a friend were shooting steel poppers and damn fragment ricocheted back, and once while I was casting some bullets, I dropped a window weight on my big toe.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I aint scared ........................ I'll do all the shooting
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get some good body armor and I will let you shoot me while I wear it.  Just dont hit me in the nuts or anything
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get some good body armor and I will let you shoot me while I wear it.  Just dont hit me in the nuts or anything

thats the "gordon liddy" way of doing things, twice to the nuts and once to the head, don't know if that applys to everybody or just the atf?, I do know that it got his radio program pulled offa the air in the metro.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody wanna buy a IIA vest dated Sept of 05? J.H. has got two, both Large. Might get them for $150 each if interested! No trauma plate with the vests.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#7]
A VERY long time ago I went out shooting my dad's old 22, there was a tire in the ditch and I was shooting at it, after a little while I went down and looked for holes in the tire, there weren't any!

Looking at the tire, the marks made it look like the bullets were bouncing back, not really a ricochet, but bounce back!  The tire wasn't mounted, I guess it was hard enough, but had enough give to send those "return to sender"!  I would guess that a tire that was aired up would probably get a hole, but the unmounted tire didn't do that, I've never shot at another tire, that was plum scary!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
223 won't bounce off what apeared to be a properly aired up set of tires........
...  ask me how i know
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
223 won't bounce off what apeared to be a properly aired up set of tires........
...  ask me how i know

.270 win wont bounce off the floor board of a pickup either,  dont ask me how I know
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  ask me how i know

.270 win wont bounce off the floor board of a pickup either,  dont ask me how I know

Hoped it bounced off the transmission or transfer case!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  ask me how i know

Hoped it bounced off the transmission or transfer case!!!!!!!

No,  It allegedly went thru the frame and only nicked the gas line with some fragments.  But it did play hell on the carpet.  Or so i am told
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#13]
acman--

When you catch one with your teeth, I'll be impressed!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
acman--

When you catch one with your teeth, I'll be impressed!!

shit..........he could star in the sequel of " Super Fuzz" then.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to talk to my dentist about kevlar braces.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I know for a fact cause I witnessed it happen, that a 22lr when fired from a marlin model 60 will go through a 78 model f150's floorboard and deflate and properly inflated 15" tire,

I also know for a fact, cause I also witnessed it happen, that the same 22lr when fired from the same tire shooter won't penetrate the toe of a pair of carolina steel toed boots with the muzzle placed right against it, but it will make the nail on the left big toe turn black and the toe too immeadiatily swell big enough that the boot will not go back on,

and it will also make the two boys, ages 6 and 12 laugh their asses off in the rain for the 3/4 mile walk back to the house in the woods and on a graveled road, while said tire/toe shooter repeatidly says " you boys bestill" and "bestill, you boys don't laugh, its not a Goddamned bit funny, bestill, bestill",

and I also withnessed that said tire/toe shooter had bad luck with knifes too, I once, withnessed along with the above boy, who was coincidently nicknamed "BOY", said above tire/toe shooter laughing at a joke and smoking a cigerrette while gutting a deer, stick a butcher knife in said right leg about 2 1/2 inches,

and even though me and said Boy were grown men, said tire/toe shooter/ leg stabber reverted back to saying "bestill bestill, you boys bestill now, its not a Goddamned bit funny I said, bestill now, Goddamnit bestill",

me and said "Boy", still laugh our asses off at the missfortunes of above said tire/toe shooter/leg stabber, but such is life when you do funny shit and have the missfortune of having witnesses.

Oh!..............and I've been witness that a BB fired from a RedRider will shatter the rear window in a 78' model F150 from a distance of 37 yards, and that a BB fired from the same RR will penetrate to the bone the area 1/2" below the lower lip when fired from 30 feet.

moral of the above incidents, don't ever get hurt seriously around me or above said Boy, cause we'll more than likely laugh our asses off from now on everytime said incident is mentioned, and if your hurt really bad, your liable to die before we stop laughing long enough to render medical attention.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I got hit with a 9mm shot out of a rifle at gunstock the  plate was only 7 yards from me. hit my wrist and chest . I was wearing IIa  vest never ever felt it hit my chest . cut my wrist some.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A VERY long time ago I went out shooting my dad's old 22, there was a tire in the ditch and I was shooting at it, after a little while I went down and looked for holes in the tire, there weren't any!

Looking at the tire, the marks made it look like the bullets were bouncing back, not really a ricochet, but bounce back!  The tire wasn't mounted, I guess it was hard enough, but had enough give to send those "return to sender"!  I would guess that a tire that was aired up would probably get a hole, but the unmounted tire didn't do that, I've never shot at another tire, that was plum scary!

Hey Wingman26 still got that Win in 30-06 that you might want to trade or a .243 or .223?

Remember me? I let you shoot my two-tone sig 220(you hit dead on,despite the horindious muzell flip)?

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top