Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 3:38:14 PM EDT
i was wondering if its legal for me to send them inter or outer state?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You cannot sell them in CA.  I believe this also means that you cannot sell them from CA to another state either.  If i remember right the law states that you cannot buy sell trade or do anything else in CA with hi caps.  I'd wait for somebody else to chime in here with the actual law, i'm just feeling kinda lazy right now with being sick and all and dont feel like looking it up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]

It all depends on which state you're talking about

You can not sell high cap mags in CA. You can not buy high cap mags in CA. You COULD however, disassemble the mags and sell them as repair parts in CA. You can also sell them as whole mags outside of CA.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 It all depends on which state you're talking about

You can not sell high cap mags in CA. You can not buy high cap mags in CA. You COULD however, disassemble the mags and sell them as repair parts in CA. You can also sell them as whole mags outside of CA.

This is correct....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
What if I trip and fall and my hand holding money, eagerly trying to find some object to grab hold of to prevent my falls, snags your pocket, instantly consumnig all money within my hand as I fall briskly to the floor. You, sensing the sudden increase in mass of your pocket, beging to hastily make your escape leaving your precious and irreplacable magazine on the table next to where I fell. Me, now getting up, discovers, purely coincidently, a lone high cap magazine on the table. I, trying to do the right thing, spend an unmeasurable amount of time searching for the proper owner, but with no persons around I was forced to take it home to prevent it from being used illegaly in a crime. At that point I stored it with my other gun related items, locked away safetly to prevent children from accessing it, the whole time searching for the proper owner. I further know that the best way to find the owner is to take it out publicly, but I can't do that anywhere because of California's laws, so I take it to every range I go to and use it everytime I use my rifle so when the proper owner does see it, they will recognize it and ask for it back.

I don't see anything wrong with that...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What if I trip and fall and my hand holding money, eagerly trying to find some object to grab hold of to prevent my falls, snags your pocket, instantly consumnig all money within my hand as I fall briskly to the floor. You, sensing the sudden increase in mass of your pocket, beging to hastily make your escape leaving your precious and irreplacable magazine on the table next to where I fell. Me, now getting up, discovers, purely coincidently, a lone high cap magazine on the table. I, trying to do the right thing, spend an unmeasurable amount of time searching for the proper owner, but with no persons around I was forced to take it home to prevent it from being used illegaly in a crime. At that point I stored it with my other gun related items, locked away safetly to prevent children from accessing it, the whole time searching for the proper owner. I further know that the best way to find the owner is to take it out publicly, but I can't do that anywhere because of California's laws, so I take it to every range I go to and use it everytime I use my rifle so when the proper owner does see it, they will recognize it and ask for it back.

I don't see anything wrong with that...

But you forgot about the Caliban dream police

The dream police
They live inside of my head
The dream police
They come to me in my bed
The dream police
They're coming to arrest me
Oh no

You know that talk is cheap
And rumors ain't nice
And when I fall asleep
I don't think I'll survive

The night the night

'Cause they're waiting for me
Looking for me
Every single night
(They're) driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

The dream police
The dream police
They come to me in my bed

The dream police
Oh no

Well I don't tell lies
'Cause they're listening to me
And when I fall asleep
Bet they're spying on me tonight,
Tonight

Looking for me
Every single night

I try to sleep
They're wide awake
They won't let me alone
They don't get paid to take vacations
Or let me alone
They spy on me
I try to hide
They won't let me alone
They persecute me
They're the judge and jury all in one

Looking for me
Every single night

The dream police
The dream police they come
to me in my bed

The dream police

The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Absentmindedly forgetting a standard capacity magazine while on a range trip to the desert is not a crime.

Additionally, finding a standard capacity magazine in the desert that somebody absentmindedly lost is also not a crime.  The law covers all kinds of stuff but doesn't cover 'lost & found'.

....probably not an affirmative defense in court, but that's ok because I purchased dozens of magazines for firearms I didn't even own yet before the ban struck.  You did too, right?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Absentmindedly forgetting a standard capacity magazine while on a range trip to the desert is not a crime.

Additionally, finding a standard capacity magazine in the desert that somebody absentmindedly lost is also not a crime.  The law covers all kinds of stuff but doesn't cover 'lost & found'.

....probably not an affirmative defense in court, but that's ok because I purchased dozens of magazines for firearms I didn't even own yet before the ban struck.  You did too, right?

Nope, but my grandpa left me all of his gun stuff when he passed away. My grandma made him get rid of his guns when they got married, but he kept a lot of the loose stuff in boxes below the garage. I just need to look through the junk when I need them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#9]
And whenever I go fishing, I keep hooking up remnants of tragic boat accidents...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And whenever I go fishing, I keep hooking up remnants of tragic boat accidents...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top