Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 7:43:39 PM EDT
a simple question tonight for which i have recieved numerous answers for around town here, but figured with the collective google-fu and just general knowledge of this board, i might have some better luck finding a more consistant(and hopefully correct) answer.

the question:

Can a 20 year old in kansas own a pistol? Is it only allowed through parent gift, gift in general, or can one just not purchase through a store?

turns out i had more than one. whoops.

thanks

Brandon
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I knew, you had to be 21 to own, posess a pistol in KS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, I looked this up once and talked to an FFL dealer.  Not 100% on this, but I know my impression was you had to be 18 to OWN one, but 21 to buy one...  Seems silly, but this was my understanding.

Gundraw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top