Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2004 4:51:12 PM EST
like a savage or the new weatherby or even a tc? ill take any .223 handgun..........
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:58:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By 97guns:
like a savage or the new weatherby or even a tc? ill take any .223 handgun..........

CA does not 'regulate' bolt-actions...

With a perminantly attached upper, you could have a 'bolt action' (pull the CH for each shot, or use a side-pull upper) AR, IIRC...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:23:45 PM EST
are you saying all the bolt action handguns are available in ca?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:33:45 PM EST
i don't think they are. go to turners.com near the bottom of the page there is a link to the doj site. if it is on the list you can get it. if not ppt is the only way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:21:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Originally Posted By 97guns:

CA does not 'regulate' bolt-actions...

OH YES THEY DO, the keyword here is HANDGUN.

unless the handgun is a C&R it must go through drop testing, regardless of the action.

new T/Cs and remington bolt action silouhette handguns are not on the safety list, most likely were never submitted, so NEW models can not be purchased.
i WISH they would submit cuz i want a G2 T/C.

you can buy a private party USED T/C or other bolt action pistol. just gotta keep an eye out for someone selling one.

your best bet is getting a T/C contender or encore, and getting the barrel/caliber you want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:26:15 PM EST
For new handguns, your choices are limited to: justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

For used handguns, you can buy anything you can find for sale.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:14:42 AM EST
garand - are you saying tc's are available?

california kid - can i buy a used gun thats not on the list from out of state via gunbroker?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:32:45 PM EST
brand new T/Cs from the manufacterer? NO, until they submit them for testing.

USED private party T/Cs? YES

Top Top