Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:27:14 AM EDT
Or are they banned ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They are banned along with all other parts. Such as bolts nuts screws etc.

All kidding aside an upper receiver is not a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
nope not banned
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
nope not banned

He's joking,
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope not banned

He's joking,

No he's joking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope not banned

He's joking,

No he's joking.

He's lying.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys seriously?

An upper is not a firearm. That's why we used to be able purchase uppers with evil features for our pre-ban uppers.

I am not a legal expert, but as far I know uppers are still good to go. One could have five uppers and one lower, right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
as long as that lower can't accept detachable magazines....

Quoted:
Guys seriously?

An upper is not a firearm. That's why we used to be able purchase uppers with evil features for our pre-ban uppers.

I am not a legal expert, but as far I know uppers are still good to go. One could have five uppers and one lower, right?

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
as long as that lower can't accept detachable magazines....

Quoted:
Guys seriously?

That doesn't matter if the lower is pre-2013 ban AND is registered.
Gotta use 10 round mags with only seven rounds, but the lower if registered does not matter.
This is to stay compliant while at the range, hunting or any other public use of EBR.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Uppers are just parts.  If you can still buy brake pads and oil filters, then you can still buy uppers.  But only until brake pads and oil filters become illegal...then we are fucked!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Buy all the uppers (and parts kits) you want. Not banned.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Send away : )
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I am in the same boat, I talked to a guy on the EE Saturday, set up buying an upper from him.  He knew I was from NY.  Sent the MO out this morning.  He calls me 2 hours ago and said he can't ship it.  I asked why and he said he talked to his FFL and he said he was not sure.  He then called the NYS Troopers and they said they were not sure.  So he told me he does not want to take the chance.  

I explained to him that a barreled upper is a part and not considered a firearm.  I told him at least half of the troopers don't know what the fuck they are talking about.  I told him to contact my local Sheriff but he is worried now.  Fuck me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Face it, we're bubonic. Hope you can get this worked out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Its not spelled out as upper/lower in the stupid bill (thank God)... they missed that one.  They also missed exempting Law enforcemet.  Oopsy!!!

So, if you were in court you could "win" on that if you had only an upper having all the "bad" stuff (because the serial number-bearing device is the "gun") and a judge/jury that didn't have oatmeal for brains.

Now... A sole lower... and a sole upper... something to think about...

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#15]
...folks without oatmeal for brains are rare in NY, BTW...
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...folks without oatmeal for brains are rare in NY, BTW...

Ain't that the sad truth....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top