Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 11:44:57 PM EDT
i really want to get one of these before the list gets updated...would anybody be so kind to part with one or know anybody that would..i am in ventura county cali...thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I read on calguns.net that vulcan is shipping some. You could pm the person over there....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Turn on your IM or email

Steve
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If i can et that info as well i would appriciate it.!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you guys have an FFL that will receive?  I have a source for EWBANKS receivers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I would  like to know where to get an AK receiver also. I have a SO CAl FFL who will Dros them
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Nodak Spud (DC Industries) NDS-4 Yugo M70 underfolder available direct here: www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

They require an ink-signed copy of the FFL, not a faxed version, and don't take credit cards.

The receivers are stamped "DC INDUSTRIES NDS-4 SERIAL#"

The receivers are to be used with Yugo M70 underfolder kits (though a standard kit should fit, albiet with the trunnion holes in the rear still visible)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I feel a sudden and powerful draw from the dark side.

Must... resist...

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
im and emails are on now....i have spoken with vulcan is there an ffl in socal that can help me please
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
does Vulcan sell 5.45 receivers?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I  have checked out Nodak, Vulcan, and some guy on GB selling CA legal AK receivers. Any one have a  recommendation.  Which ones are best?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#11]
vulcan does not sell 5.45 to my knowledge...still looking for an ffl in southern california
...anybody??
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
In my opnion the 5.45 chambered AKs sound like a novelty gun to me. They are harder to find parts for, the ammo is much more expensive and harder to find, and you have similar ballistics to the 5.56/.223. Why not just use your ARs (which I am sure you already have since you are looking for AKs now) for that caliber role? Any AK I would get is going to be chambered in 7.62 and will most likely either be a fun gun or a cheap plinker.

That being said, I wouldn't really worry too much about finding AK74 receivers and just look for the AKs. The guy on Gunbroker seems to have legit Ewbanks, but he is price gouging quite a bit (nearly 150% over the manufacturer at a RETAIL levle, who knows what percentage he is making with his dealer discount). I have heard that the Vulcans are universals; they are setup for the 5.54, but a little bit of time with a dremel and they can be used as 7.62s. The ones from DCI (nodakspud) are YUGO only unless otherwise noted. They are made with the frunt trunion bulged specially for the unique front trunion of the Yugos AKs. If you want a Chrome lined barrel, Yugo's don't have them. You could always remove the barrel and press your own in (I have heard of a way to do it with a freeze, emery cloth, and a torch) but it sounds like too much work and too risky for me. The last real receivers to look into are Ewbanks or Global Trades. GTs are out something like 48 days because of special custom serial number runs or something silly, and Ewbanks are basically down to what is currently in stock. Most Ewbanks seem to be shipped with the trunion holes drilled, that means no more work is needed by you to make them accept a particular type of AK parts kit. Of course if your parts kit doesn't line up perfectly with the holes (happens most of the time) then you will need to adjust them so they will. Most people claim it is only off by a hair, but it's still something you need to do. The other option is to not have the trunion holes drilled. This allows you to drill them yourself so your parts kit fits perfectly, but will require that you heat treat the holes yourself (requires a torch). Either way it is up to you.

In all honesty though, which the time that is left (if they are even listed) you should probably concern yourself more with finding one than nit-picking until you have one in your caliber, shape, color, weight, etc. You'll feel really stupid if you don't get one just because they only had Ewbanks and you wanted a Global Trades or something silly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
vulcan does not sell 5.45 to my knowledge...still looking for an ffl in southern california
...anybody??

Where in socal are u?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#14]
How difficult is it to assemble an AK lower. Are there special tools required or is it similar to an AR receiver?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I had the best of both worlds. A Norinco AK in 223 caliber.

I do regret selling that one. Now my buddy has it and teases me everytime I see it.

Now if these 5.45 receivers can be used for 223 caliber and parts easy to find I might be all over that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I feel a sudden and powerful draw from the dark side.

Must... resist...

[vadar]it is your destiny[/vadar]

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
NEW LEAD FOR DCI AK RECEIVERS:

Welcome to the DARK side...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I know of a place selling Ewbanks receivers in riverside, email me for info antagon3@@yahoo.com
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Posted by Antagon : I know of a place selling Ewbanks receivers in riverside, email me for info antagon3@@yahoo.com

How much are they letting them go for?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd like to know too really how much are they going for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top