Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:40:09 PM EDT
I know there are many companies who sell tactical nylon gear and equipment for the active person, I just wanted to get anyone's opinion on Blackhawk's products ? Are there products to expensive or overrated and what would you consider buying from them if the prices were within your budget? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Pancho
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 10:38:33 PM EDT by delta88]
I like their stuff for the most part, but keep in mind that most (if not all) their gear is made in....VIETNAM. If they are using cheap labor to make their gear, why is it still so expensive? If I buy anything else I think I'm going with Eagle or Tactical taylor, at least they are made in USA.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:18:59 AM EDT
It's expensive probably because all the marketing, color brouchures, nice plastic bags their gears come in, researcha and development, etc.
I buy from Tactical Tailor, Eagles, etc., these are made in the States and surprisingly, not as expensive
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 12:18:10 PM EDT by Kisara]
Their new "STRIKE" gear line is good to go, but before that their equipment had a lot of bad feedback for poor quality, high price, allegedly Vietnam sweat shop made, and for copying other company's products. Even their new STRIKE Commando chest harness is a copy of the Eagle Rhodesian chest carrier, but its gaining a good reputation. BH is known as "Black Chicken" in the user circles.

MADE IN USA used to mean a lot to me, but after seeing first hand the "American" shops of several companies and what kind of employees are working the labor part of it (i.e. minimum wage Mexicans, El Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Vietnamese and Chinese), the label isn't anything anymore. None of them speak English and if you were blindfolded and brought in, you wouldn't know what country you were in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:21:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kisara:
Their new "STRIKE" gear line is good to go, but before that their equipment had a lot of bad feedback for poor quality, high price, allegedly Vietnam sweat shop made, and for copying other company's products. Even their new STRIKE Commando chest harness is a copy of the Eagle Rhodesian chest carrier, but its gaining a good reputation. BH is known as "Black Chicken" in the user circles.
tinyurl.com/a36mp

MADE IN USA used to mean a lot to me, but after seeing first hand the "American" shops of several companies and what kind of employees are working the labor part of it (i.e. minimum wage Mexicans, El Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Vietnamese and Chinese), the label isn't anything anymore. None of them speak English and if you were blindfolded and brought in, you wouldn't know what country you were in.

ya forgot the koreans......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:30:51 PM EDT
kor-re-ah- AH- HA
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:51:20 PM EDT
The only non-English speaking Koreans I've seen working in the US were working for themselves (liquor stores are a good example).
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:18:56 AM EDT

The only non-English speaking Koreans I've seen working in the US were working for themselves (liquor stores are a good example).

You must have not been to massage parlors in LA. They love you long time too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:48:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 12:52:54 AM EDT by TKoProductions]

Originally Posted By hycheng:

Nevermind.

COC #1

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT by SMGLee]

Oh My god....

A side from the comment above, I agree with Kisara, the STRIKE gear is good to go, it is actually preferred by some users over the Eagle rig. but if you want the best rig available.... EAGLE CIRAS... expensive but worth every penny.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:51:25 PM EDT

now if i could find a female liquor store owner that's a nyphomaniac, damn might have to divorced the lil general.. just kiddin. by the way im down with the koreans.

kisara, you sooo fuuunnny!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:04:40 AM EDT

Don't you mean barber shops?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:17:00 PM EDT
spectergear.com much much better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2005 12:35:40 PM EDT by SMGLee]

Originally Posted By notesinhispockets:
spectergear.com much much better.

I wouldn't say they are better then Blackhawk STRIKE.. STRIKE definitely has more options. As compare to Eagle, there is no match, Eagle is the winner hands down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:50:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 6:50:53 AM EDT by Duffy]

Originally Posted By SMGLee:
EAGLE CIRAS... expensive but worth every penny.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT
I know is a stupid question and everyone will point and laugh, but what function does the carabineer serve? Is it to secure empty mags that have paracord loops or magpuls?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:09:27 PM EDT
I use it on the vest and pack to hang ear protection, gloves (with loops through them)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
Blackhawk "Honour as a way of life", or some crap like that, then they STEAL other companies sucessful designs (it's cheaper when you don't have to do R&D and market research). Then have it made in a third world shit hole with inferior nylon, stiching, etc. Now, I admit it's been years since I've even looked at Blackhawk gear, but when I put it next to Eagle gear, the difference in quality was obivous.
Top Top