Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 9:59:31 AM EDT
hi all, just been reading NRA journal, a lot of shooters have been fined [£250] and temporary bans for "unattended firearms" and one shooter for "unsecure ammo" ,so when we're leaving our guns at firing point and doing butts,such as highpower we had better make sure that our RCO's or others are nominated to oversee our weapons, other wise will have to lock em in car !!!    ...phil.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
This was offered on the HBSA users site regarding the incident:

As I understand it, the unattended s.5 pistols were discovered by a
Surrey Police Firearms Enquiry Officer whilst visiting Melville Range.
The users were apparentently examining their targets.

In the circumstances, they were probably fortunate to have "got away
with" disciplinary action by the NRA.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Why was a Surrey FEO officer allowed into Melville while this was taking place?  The range is locked when S5/Section 7(3) kit is in use with an admission system in place, and there are designated administrators back at the firing point!

That said, it has been an issue on Running Deer in the past too, which is a lot more exposed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I read the NRA journal article too and wondered what the facts of the offenses were.
It will make me a lot more aware now of my kit and my fellow shooters kit.

When we do the rundowns it will mean that we need a known and trusted member to stay back and watch our bags as they  would contain "unsecure ammo".
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When we do the rundowns it will mean that we need a known and trusted member to stay back and watch our bags as they  would contain "unsecure ammo".

Dont use a bag, just bring rifle (slung) and ammo you will use (in mags) to the point.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dont use a bag, just bring rifle (slung) and ammo you will use (in mags) to the point.

Still means we might have to 'rundown' with a few more mags than needed.  Also I need someplace to put my coffee flask
I don't mind running with stuff, but I know others who don't like running at all
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't mind running with stuff, but I know others who don't like running at all

Me
IIRC at the last CSR we left a bod at 300 to guard the kit went we did the run (stagger in my case) downs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Atleast shooters are a trustworthy bunch!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
hi all, just been reading NRA journal, a lot of shooters have been fined [£250] and temporary bans for "unattended firearms" and one shooter for "unsecure ammo" ,so when we're leaving our guns at firing point and doing butts,such as highpower we had better make sure that our RCO's or others are nominated to oversee our weapons, other wise will have to lock em in car !!!    ...phil.

Which is why, in the original and  revised NRA approved PR rules, the shooter is supposed to carry all equipment!

N.B.

The RCO is NOT in a position to watch any kit, he/she should be watching the shooters!

Even in the SR matches you should be able to take the rifle and ammo with you at all times.......
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]
yea i was wondering if this was because of the NRA Bisley realising they could make money of this or do you think people actualy broke the rules, by walking away from their firearm by like 50 yards?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top