Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 4:28:13 PM EDT
Is anyone planning on going???

if the wife will let me out of the house with the creditcard..... a m1a or a fal might follow me home!

colt!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could. That jack hammer I had to leave to go get last weekend from the shoot turned out to need a rebuild. The rental place is giving me credit to get another one this weekend. I did manage to bust up an hours worth of patio though
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
where is this show at?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
the gun show is at Hara Arena in dayton... if you dont know where it is, try this site , it gives directions ...  
www.gunshow.net

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the gun show is at Hara Arena in dayton... if you dont know where it is, try this site , it gives directions ...  
www.gunshow.net

COLT!

Hara Arena
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to check out the one in Columbus instead.

Or maybe...BOTH!?!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
ouch! Dayton, I am up near Cleveland and there hasn't been a "fun Show" in a while now. I am getting itchy to go look at some toys.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Theres one in Columbus as well. Im going to  he one in Dayton and gonna be selling a bunch of my AR stuff.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone goin to the Columbus show stop by my table.  I should be set up for Busse Combat knives.

Or, I may set up as a private citizen and sell of some personal stuff.  I will be wearin a Busse Combat shirt either way.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anyone goin to the Columbus show stop by my table.  I should be set up for Busse Combat knives.

Or, I may set up as a private citizen and sell of some personal stuff.  I will be wearin a Busse Combat shirt either way.

Where's the Columbus show at and when does it close?   I'll be in Cleveland Saturday morning, maybe I can zip down 71 and take the round about way home.

Hessian-1

(edited to add "I can't beleve I used #700 to ask this! I now see that Msokol13 asked the same ?.)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'll be right near ya too, trying to pry Mike away from your table!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The 12:55pm Friday--Goodman--lunch time report from the service dept directly acroos the street,,,,,,,  1 lone dark blue Ford Duelie with a maroon trailer is sitting backed up at the Ballarena doors waiting... Nobody else in sight.

EDIT-- 2:15pm,  Looks like it going to be a really LAME show, fella still sitting there, RV pulled in between him and the building.... in the past, lot been croweded a little bit with people waiting to unload...  

Stand by for report later.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Theres one in Columbus as well. Im going to  he one in Dayton and gonna be selling a bunch of my AR stuff.  

What ya sellin??
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#15]
glimmerman,
 IM inbound!
COLT!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the Columbus show inside the city limits with all of the stupid rules and permits required?
Or is outside the city where a person can buy without the prints and bullshit?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Around 3:15-3:30pm, there was maybe 15 vehicles in the lot, a few backed up to main door, and a couple at SW door.

When I left work, it was raining god, but there was approx 35 vehicles in the lot at Hara around the Ballarena.  Might be ok, unless more vendors showed up after I left.

This concludes the monthly Friday funshow visual vendor report from the service dept directly across the street.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, was at the gun show today ..........IT SUCKED!!!! not many dealers.. guess i should have saved my money an passed on the show .

so we went gun shop looking.. ended up buying a Ohio Rapid Fire custon FAL built on a Imbel receiver, an the wife wanted a S&W 1911.. so i bought it for her! I mean she did let me buy a nice $950 Rifle!

COLT!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#19]
WOW! Your wife is great! NOt only lets you get an expensive rifle but wants a toy of her own!

Heres to women like her

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Took the boy to Cincy to drop my forms and $200 to the C3, and went to Hara around 3:30..... nothing spectacular, Model-1 and there inflated prices for their used stuff, no prices on those cans of  used beat up mags, the 30's were trashed, had a load of 20's though.  

The A-Z guy had some bullets and primers I wanted, but he no take plastic.... Superior had Berry's bullets, but do not stock the  9mm 147gr bullets for my quiet needs, just the 115/124 flavors.

Started to set up for another run of 556 in 1-fire Wolf again tonight................ NO SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS IN THE DRAWER!!!
Gots to stop at English I guess on way home Monday.

Uzi mags for $16 at 3 different vendors, I'll have sis pick up at Ammunition Store instead I guess.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#21]
glad I only had a 20 minute drive to the PRO show up here.  Really wasn't  much on the dealers tables to get my eye... only saw one guy selling lots of ammo but no real deals so just got some spare parts and a big bag of stripper clips from Sherluk and an 870 express combo from a guy walking around.

Now the thumb hurts from loading 1000rd onto clips.  Hope it don't hurt my Highpower tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I went to the show, was gonnna sell a amd -65 but forgot the folding pin and spring so  didnt bother.Figured if anybody bought it they would want to be able to convert it.. Didnt see anything too exciting either but I didnt think there was a good crowd  it was Sat about 10:00am
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Stopped by @ 3:00 on Saturday - # of tables down by ~10% from last month.  A grenade would probably not harmed any buyers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Ex Buckeye here

Grew up in SW Ohio ( Miamisburg - West Carrollton area )

Have been in the Seattle area for around 15 yrs now. Fun shows out here are pretty common , but this is a no class III state ( sucks ) and most of the vendors are peddling over priced junk.

Next time I am back there visitng I hope to catch a show in the Dayton area to see what that area has to offer.

I am usually after  AR/AK/HK  

just dropping in to say hi
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I made it to the fun show today. Had a new XD-9 SC follow me home along with 750 rounds of 9mm, and 500 rounds of  XM193 ....  I was pretty happy. Even left there with about 400.00 still in my pocket for some sunset goodies im gona have to order off EE ...............
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top