Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:53:24 PM EDT
Who's going to the big reno show in march? 1100 tables, and a discount coupon on the website , 3 day pass for 12 bucks. www.bigrenoshow.com . Just wanting to know if folks want to meet in lakeview for a convoy down there or not. I think my buddy and I are leaving friday morning, probably around 10 or so. Its about three and a half hours from lakeview. pm or email me and let me know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:13:51 PM EDT
come on, I know some of you gotta be going.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:15:07 PM EDT
believe Cape is going?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:17:05 PM EDT
how do you go about buying guns from such an event?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:18:47 AM EDT
the same way you buy one in oregon, except instead of the dealer giving you an attitude, they say"god bless you son!"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT

There Fri, Sat and Sun!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:49:33 AM EDT
Wish I was going. Friend wanted me to go to help him with his table but I couldn't swing the whole weekend. He said it's his biggest event of the year. All those poor bastards in Cali come over to get things they can't get at home and pay cash
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By munkalido:
Wish I was going. Friend wanted me to go to help him with his table but I couldn't swing the whole weekend. He said it's his biggest event of the year. All those poor bastards in Cali come over to get things they can't get at home and pay cash

Not to mention all the calis that come over and sell shit they are not supposed to have. A few Reono shows agao we bought 35+ guns from one guy. All guns not on calis list. It aslo came with a very big box of hicaps

Wish you were going. Its a good time!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:35:12 AM EDT
I was going but three feet of snow may have changed my mind....

Maybe a quick check here on Thursday will change it again.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:02:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By z3bigdaddy:

three feet...blahhhh.

Where do you live?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:03:11 AM EDT
Cape eats three feet of snow for breakfast!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:04:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
Cape eats three feet of snow for breakfast!

Was snowing here about 5 minutes ago
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:54:03 AM EDT

I went to the Fall Big show and was disappointed no private party sales and found no real deals.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:23:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Madman:

I went to the Fall Big show and was disappointed no private party sales and found no real deals.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:48:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By munkalido:

Not sure why that wouls be as AFAIK NV has no gunshow background check law. I seem LOTS of PP trans the last time I was there....2 shows ago.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:49:32 PM EDT

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

DID you call the shop and tell them it was snowing? Fuck. Boss calls me tonight and says NOGO! FUCK!!!!!!

"Too much snow...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Cape = NO Reno
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 10:14:20 PM EDT by z3bigdaddy]

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

DID you call the shop and tell them it was snowing? Fuck. Boss calls me tonight and says NOGO! FUCK!!!!!!

"Too much snow...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Cape = NO Reno

Dood!! I just speak the truth... it just dumped three freakin feet of snow in kalifornya just south of the border... I5 and 140 were closed.... Hey I don't make the weather just report it...

BTW I live in the suburbs of Gold Hill... jfyi
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:10:44 PM EDT

News to me..... I sold 8 guns and bought a few.... It is the best show I go to to sell guns.... Just troll the aisles.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:14:14 AM EDT

Dood!! I just speak the truth... it just dumped three freakin feet of snow in kalifornya just south of the border... I5 and 140 were closed.... Hey I don't make the weather just report it...

Yea, dumping here to.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 2:29:42 PM EDT by Madman]

Hey Guys

I am not really trying to rain snow on your trip.

I went to my first Big Reno show in 2003 and had a great time. Saw lots of PP people.

I was really looking forward to the fall 2005 show.
I was unemployed and thinking of looking for a job in reno so I could be a resident and do some buying and selling in the next show.

It just did'nt seem to be the same show, but I guess with what people are saying here I should go again.

Please report back after the show Thanks

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:07:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Yea, dumping here to.

My buddy decided to fly in instead but I guess the airport is closed...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:16:54 PM EDT
I'm still going you bunch of pussies! Cape, you meet me in lakeview at 12:00 tomorrow, and you can ride with us. I drove to salem and back today, and the snow was bad, but certainly not impassable.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:32:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MEDICMAN29:
I'm still going you bunch of pussies! Cape, you meet me in lakeview at 12:00 tomorrow, and you can ride with us. I drove to salem and back today, and the snow was bad, but certainly not impassable.

Love too but the shop paying my way ans wages is how I could afford to go! Now with 2 cans on the horizon I need to save , not spend!!!

Really bummed I dont get to kill any rabbits on the way down!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:38:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:41:49 PM EDT
I killed a couple with my truck on the way home tonight. not nearly as much fun as dispensing high speed lead poisoning.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:04:04 AM EDT
went to the show, the weather was light at worst, and the show was pretty good. some of the dealers said the show was not nearly as good as normal because of the horrible weather on the cali side keeping people from coming over the pass. the drive from oregon was easy. I thought it was a good show, and will go back. way bigger than portland, and no beanie babies, toys or crap like that.
prices seemed real high on alot of things, and one of the dealers explained that most of the people who come to the show are californians. he said when people on welfare in california make more than most of the working stiffs in oregon, they can ask for and get more money than they do at shows in oregon, idaho, washington etc. all in all, pretty good show.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:20:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 1:32:55 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]

Originally Posted By MEDICMAN29:
went to the show, the weather was light at worst, and the show was pretty good. some of the dealers said the show was not nearly as good as normal because of the horrible weather on the cali side keeping people from coming over the pass. the drive from oregon was easy. I thought it was a good show, and will go back. way bigger than portland, and no beanie babies, toys or crap like that.
prices seemed real high on alot of things, and one of the dealers explained that most of the people who come to the show are californians. he said when people on welfare in california make more than most of the working stiffs in oregon, they can ask for and get more money than they do at shows in oregon, idaho, washington etc. all in all, pretty good show.

In my exp Reno has always been good. Even last winters show where the same thing happened with the calis, was good. Sorry we missed it but that is just how it is. I did hear from a friend that came back thru there over hhte wekend that the drive from just south of redmond to Hood River was hell.

Glad you made it home safe!
Jason
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:36:43 PM EDT
next time bud!
Top Top