Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/14/2012 10:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2012 10:19:51 PM EDT by kylestyle]
came across this on the ODT for anyone who didn't catch it or doesn't frequent the site

Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, no questions asked

Anyways this "reporter's" facebook page is here in case anyone has anything to say to this journalism champion.

Btw I bet that Vulcan 50cal is a real gem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:19:51 PM EDT
Is that the story where they stated there was a modified "assault rifle" to use the AK round and it was a SKS? If so I watched the whole thing and it made my blood boil.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:51:56 PM EDT
That's the one. Actually it was one of those notorious tactical assault rifle SKS's
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:34:38 AM EDT
Say what? Major media outlets biased about guns? "Reporters" that don't do any research and know what they're talking about? They'd never get into activist journalism.

/sarcasm

The news and newsmen of old are all long gone. You can no longer get all of your news from one source. Instead you've got to keep your BS meter active and get stories from a wide variety of sources.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:46:23 AM EDT
I thought it was a pretty decent story. Folks that can't legally buy firearms in a gun store can still legally buy guns in a parking lot somewhere...what's wrong with reporting it if it's the truth?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:07:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WGTactical:
I thought it was a pretty decent story. Folks that can't legally buy firearms in a gun store can still legally buy guns in a parking lot somewhere...what's wrong with reporting it if it's the truth?

Yeah, it's not particularly untrue. And it does comment on some of the loose handling with sales, which is why I understand why some people ask for GWLs in their ads, or others make bills of sale.

Laws don't need to change, people need to be more responsible about what they do.

Don't let the spin on the story get you guys heated, or distract you from the fact that stuff does happen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:09:44 AM EDT
Laws do not stop criminals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:18:52 AM EDT
The libs, under the direction of mayor bloomfuck, keep trying for more gun control. For the most part, it falls on deaf ears.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:47:39 AM EDT
Heh, his fb page is under frigging siege. My how the worm turns...

Times have definately changed for the talking heads like this, only they are so daft that they've not come to realize it yet.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:42:45 AM EDT

Explain how its would be legal to knowingly sell a gun to a felon?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:42:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By puppis:

Explain how its would be legal to knowingly sell a gun to a felon?

Since private individuals doesn't need to get a background check on whoever they sell a gun to...technically, there's no way to know for certain either way. I think that's pretty much the gist of the report.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:03:21 AM EDT
the thing is NBC it skewing the story. notice how they said they sent the perfectly fine guns to the PD to be destroyed
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:06:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bearman71:
the thing is NBC it skewing the story. notice how they said they sent the perfectly fine guns to the PD to be destroyed

uh...remember 'fast and furious?' The only responsible thing to have done is either destroy them or end up as the cover story on every news channel if one of them ended up being tied to a murder

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:34:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bearman71:

uh...remember 'fast and furious?' The only responsible thing to have done is either destroy them or end up as the cover story on every news channel if one of them ended up being tied to a murder

I remember them pretty much doing the same story with the "Va gun show loop hole" after the first VT shooting and destroyed thousands worth of perfectly legal guns.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:31:29 PM EDT
I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but you cannot have it both ways as far as I'm concerned. Either you make a valid point based on facts, qualified research and the objective reporting of findings alone, or you write a shameless smear piece designed to instigate hysteria and the proliferation of falsehood amongst the neutral middle 50% based on their well-meaning but uninformed common sense; the latter is what he has done here.

I'll never hold a mistaken interpretation of findings in an otherwise cool and level-headed attempt to present an idea against someone, but it must be accompanied with a desire to hear and account for these same misnomers. This article and its author possess neither; it reads more like a frantic, desperate appeal for attention than it does the thoughts of a professional with any measure of self respect or sense of responsibility as a purveyor of information that people use to make life decisions every day. It lacks discipline, and speaks to his intent, which is ultimately what determines the value of his words.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:38:04 PM EDT
i actually was flipping channels when this came on and watched it. didn't help that he asked one kid "what if you are selling this to a criminal/terrorist/etc. and the kid said something like "duh i dunno". never thought about that, i just needed the money.

also the reporter kept saying he bought the guns online. he did not buy the guns online. he opened communication with the seller and met them in a parking lot.
and of course there was a lot of sensationalism.
Top Top