Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2007 5:49:24 PM EDT
anyone know the best place in or around Lee County to buy, or order lower recievers? Most places Ive been to won't even talk to me about this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry, that's Lee County, Alabama
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Heart of Dixie Surplus had a few Double Star lowers a few months ago for 140.  a little too much but thats the only place here in Auburn/Opelika area.  The people at Locum's would order one for you, they are the nicest people around, but i've never bought from them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank's 1wilco,    I actually did just buy one from Heart of Dixie { $159 now } they seem to think the world is about to end and they have the only one's left in the world. I agree with you about Locum's they are very good people to deal with, I ordered a mini 14 last year from them. No one could match their price either, but they told me they don't order ar lowers.  Story's said the same thing.  I guess I can drive further to get one cheaper, but I like to support my local gun shops as much as I can.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
North side pawn in phenix city will order just about anything you want. Then you have shooters in columbus that keep some in stock. I think range control in columbus keeps some in stock.

Robert
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thank's 1wilco,    I actually did just buy one from Heart of Dixie { $159 now } they seem to think the world is about to end and they have the only one's left in the world. I agree with you about Locum's they are very good people to deal with, I ordered a mini 14 last year from them. No one could match their price either, but they told me they don't order ar lowers.  Story's said the same thing.  I guess I can drive further to get one cheaper, but I like to support my local gun shops as much as I can.

If you come down to Montgomery there are a few shops that will order lowers for you.  Not sure if it would be worth the drive for you or not.  Also have you tried your local pawn shops?  The pawn shops with an FFL should be able to help you out as well.
Just a thought...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thank's 1wilco,    I actually did just buy one from Heart of Dixie { $159 now } they seem to think the world is about to end and they have the only one's left in the world. I agree with you about Locum's they are very good people to deal with, I ordered a mini 14 last year from them. No one could match their price either, but they told me they don't order ar lowers.  Story's said the same thing.

The guy that owns Heart of Dixie in Auburn is named David. He does think quite highly of himself and his stuff, and you are right, he does act like what he has is the last and best there is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought two last week from redland wholesale in Montg. for 119.99 per ( double star's) I think they had some dpms lowers also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top