Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 6:28:38 PM EDT
Just got a notice of a property tax increase. Is it best just to get a lawyer? They said I can send a letter of unhappiness, but I feel they're gonna throw it away. Anyone have any advice? This is becoming some horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:42:41 PM EDT
There is an official state form you file, you provide evidence, have a hearing with a "board" and if you can't come to an agreement you can then get the judicial system involved. I'm not sure a lawyer can do much in the filing/hearing phase.

I've done this twice, first time they sent the notice while I was deployed and I didn't get it in time. I got bent over and screwed, and when I got back home I didn't have time to deal with court, appeals, etc. The second time everything went really well. Had them knock down a very poor condition outbuilding from $34k valuation to $3k valuation. I was happy with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top