Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2008 7:54:52 PM EDT
with the ludacris gun laws, the sniveling little weasle politicians, the general cop/snitch mentality of a lot of people its just depressing. i read other home town forums i don't get this ill feeling i get when on this one. i love new york, but i think we as new yorkers need to take back our state from the pussy elite fruit cakes, upitty ignorant house wives and the control freak cops and there snitch ilk. as long as they are not hurting anyone LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I know EXACTLY what you mean! This forums got that ill feeling like everyone feels like everyone else is doing something wrong and a fuck-up on one level or another. I'm from Va and the VAHTH community (and most of the other sub forums on arfcom too for that matter) is so much more laid back and friendly it's not even funny. There's some cool people here but there's a decent amount of butt holes too. Look to your left, look to your right, if you don't see a butt hole, it's probably YOU! lol Something about that NE, I dunno, seems like the farther you get from NC the worst it steadily gets till you're well up state. Must be that damn city.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone doubting these theories, feel free to browse another HTF for a few days and notice the difference yourself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone doubting these theories, feel free to browse another HTF for a few days and notice the difference yourself.

Browse the PA HTF it's dead!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
with the ludacris gun laws, the sniveling little weasle politicians, the general cop/snitch mentality of a lot of people its just depressing. i read other home town forums i don't get this ill feeling i get when on this one. i love new york, but i think we as new yorkers need to take back our state from the pussy elite fruit cakes, upitty ignorant house wives and the control freak cops and there snitch ilk. as long as they are not hurting anyone LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE

HUH!

thats right get angry thats why the second amendment exists to protect the average citizen from angry government officials foreign or domestic. not for hunting or target shooting as some gun grabbers and cowardly gun enthusiasts would have you believe

no, being a judgemental tattle tail on your fellow citizen for a corrupt govenment is a good thing

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTL - take your NY bashing somewhere else.

and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry but I don't see someone posting the truth as NY bashing. At least I agree with a bit of it and can understand the confusion with the rest. And before the flame war starts, I am a born and raised New Yorker of born and raised Brooklyn, New Yorker parents. I've lived in other states including California, and that has made my love for New York even stronger, it's why I moved back and still live here today.

Anyway, some threads in here are negative but with good reason. I know that I am definitely guilty of creating my fair share. It just feels better when you're frustrated over the state of our State to vent to others who are in your same position. Sometimes we get moral support in the way of "I hear you, Brother"s and other times a "Quit ya' bitchin', already" post lays out a different spin on the situation that makes you at least re-evaluate your spot and maybe even find a new outlook.

Yes, we live in a very liberal State and we get to deal with busybody housewives who have nothing better to do than find a cause that busts the most balls regardless of whether it's right or wrong or something that will even have an impact on their own lives. And, yes, there are those that may take posts of the stern warning variety and misinterpret it as an attack, like those that are completely ignorant of the NYS ban while buying 30 round P-mags on the internet. Someone does them a HUGE favor by letting them know they are committing a felony and they take it as a threat rather than a friendly heads-up.

I can tell you that I am a 'live and let live' kinda guy but that only goes as far as your respect for me to do the same. If you live next door or across the street and you have your music up a little too loud in the afternoon, I might ask you about it the next time I bump into you. Who knows, maybe you didn't realize it was loud outside, too. However, you have that same volume music at 11PM, Midnight, 1AM... that's a different story. You obviously don't even care if it's too loud or how your 'fun' may not be your neighbors'. Respect can take you a long way both in the giving and the receiving.

I firmly believe that we should be able to do whatever it is that makes us happy as long as we don't infringe upon another's right to do the same. If that was the only law on the books, what a wonderful world it would be.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I must be the cop/snitch, merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look to your left, look to your right, if you don't see a butt hole, it's probably YOU! lol

Must be me. I don't think we have too many "butt holes" here at all. We have a lot of complicated laws. We have numerous very qualified individuals that give their opinions on these laws free of charge. I have met quite a few people who I consider friends. One thing to remember is that this is only the internet. I've always considered the NY/NJ HT forum to be one of the most friendly on here. Sure there are a lot of legal questions, but there is an obvious reason why that is. There are a lot of AWB questions in the New England HT forum from the people in MA and CT as well. Dunno...I think this is a very friendly place.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ha 762DM  if you are that we are in big trouble !!!  

New Yorkers are in interesting breed to say the least. You get out of the metro ny area and its a differnet world.

One of the big reason why i like PA and Tx people are very nice and civil.

Dump NYC and NYS would be a better place to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#11]
We really do need to make a few posts of some of the fun things we are doing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Or maybe me

Hey maybe we can get the "Stop Snitching" logo on HTF t-shirts?
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Considering that the majority of the posts here are of the "Is this legal?" type and since the majority of the answers tend to be "No", it's kind of tough not to be negative. Are we supposed to say "Ah he'll, do it anywy."? People don't need our help to break the law.

Laws should be judged by their worst reading, as read by your worst enemy. Doing anything less is setting yourself up for a fall. If you want to "do it anyway", that's up to you. We' not going to help. Pretending the laws don't exist doest help anyone, it just makes things worse.  

Besides, everybody knows that everyone from NY & NJ is a mean nasty S.O.B.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I think people need to lighten up.  This is an internet forum which is designed for some information and mostly to entertain.  If what is writen here is depressing you or causing you angst, just go to another board or take a step away from the computer.  New York may be a tough state to live in as far as Gun laws but I would still rather live here than most other states, for the time being at least or until I retire.  I think Cas hit the nail on the head.

ETA: sound like the OP must have gotten a summons lately.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Merry Christmas back at you Mr. cop/snitch

And Merry Christmas to all my other friends in the Hometown Forum whether they are cop/snitches or not
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys,

The NY HTF is the first place I check when I get on line. I never thought this forum was negative or hostile.

There are a few opinionated guys who get a little testy...but they just haven't switched over to decaf yet.

Much love and happy holidays to all.

(buy more mags & ammo)
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
NY's problem is everyone has to be in everyone else's business, not just for gun laws.

That being said, I have my oral review with the PA State Police in a month.  Hopefully in a year or so, I'll be posting on the PA Hometown boards.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The problem with New York is it's full of new Yorkers.  It's the few rotten 17 million that spoil it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guys,

The NY HTF is the first place I check when I get on line. I never thought this forum was negative or hostile.

This is the forum I have bookmarked.  I don't really go anywhere else on the site on a regular basis.  Yes it is depressing to read about the flurry of gun control bills coming from the Assembly, the latest politicians trying to advance their careers on our backs and the endless tax increases to fund less and less services to us.  But that is life in New York.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I wasn't bashing at all, just noting that people here argue and or get upset way more than other sections of the board is all.

eta: Why did I get singled out?? The OP's post seemed to have way more bashing when compared to mine. (I thought anyway)

(In my mind) aside from this thread, I'm helpful and positive here, I don't get on here and bash/judge other people, I just get on the forums and talk about guns and stuff. This particular thread I can just identify a little bit in that I noticed that there's more arguing, bashing and judging on this sub forum than in others I go on VAHT,AKgeb, AKbiy and Pets, I don't go on the GD, but from what I hear it seems like it's lots of crap. Maybe I'm the asshole and don't know it....I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Didn't you post this exact same thread last year? How about advocating that people follwo the law, or work to change it if you don't agree with it. NYS is dominated by NYC; those of us upstate have an uphill battle to change public opinion, and the state government is dominated by Downstate politicians.
Advocating that people simply ignore violations of the law isn't showing gun owners ina  positive light.

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you post this exact same thread last year? How about advocating that people follwo the law, or work to change it if you don't agree with it. NYS is dominated by NYC; those of us upstate have an uphill battle to change public opinion, and the state government is dominated by Downstate politicians.
Advocating that people simply ignore violations of the law isn't showing gun owners ina  positive light.

No, last year i did not post the exact same thread and I never advocated anyone to break any laws.

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, last year i did not post the exact same thread and I never advocated anyone to break any laws.

Sounds to me that if you are saying don't bother someone if they aren't hurting anyone that you are advocating for ignoring people breaking the law.

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds to me that if you are saying don't bother someone if they aren't hurting anyone that you are advocating for ignoring people breaking the law.

Perhaps what he is really saying is that when the law intrudes on those harming no one and is itself causing harm then the law is at fault. Not entirely a bad sentiment IMO.   An as example, how many otherwise lawful gun owners wold turn in their firearms should this state or nation completely lose its mind and seek confiscation/turn ins?  There are times when the law needs to be and should be ignored. Witness the civil rights struggle, for example.  Just because some fool decided to write something down & managed to convince other fools to sign it into law doesn't necessarily make it right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps what he is really saying is that when the law intrudes on those harming no one and is itself causing harm then the law is at fault. Not entirely a bad sentiment IMO.   An as example, how many otherwise lawful gun owners wold turn in their firearms should this state or nation completely lose its mind and seek confiscation/turn ins?  There are times when the law needs to be and should be ignored. Witness the civil rights struggle, for example.  Just because some fool decided to write something down & managed to convince other fools to sign it into law doesn't necessarily make it right.

its  some what true what you say, i would also like to add that america started in 1776 as a country that was suspision if not contemptious of government authority dictating how people live to a nation that depends on government telling them how to live. i only wish we could find a happy medium so we can all live in peace and pursue that thing so dear to all of us.....happiness

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You have two options:
follow the law or not follow the law. If you don't agree with the law, then you work to get it changed. If you can't get it changed, then you are obligated to follow it or expect to incur the legal consequences. You don't get to arbitrarily decide what laws you do or do not agree with or think you should follow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You have two options:
follow the law or not follow the law. If you don't agree with the law, then you work to get it changed. If you can't get it changed, then you are obligated to follow it or expect to incur the legal consequences. You don't get to arbitrarily decide what laws you do or do not agree with or think you should follow.

Unless you are the President, Vice President or a member of the cabinet.  Then you may ignore any laws you so choose.  Expect to see a lot more of this under the new administration, coming soon to a country near you!

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unless you are the President, Vice President or a member of the cabinet.  Then you may ignore any laws you so choose.  Expect to see a lot more of this under the new administration, coming soon to a country near you!

Spare us the "oh, they are above the law" drama.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have two options:

There is a third option (which I'm not advocating at this point, just saying) violate the law in an organized fashion IN ORDER TO GET THE LAW CHANGED.  That is the lesson of the Civil Rights movement:  Sit in the front of the bus when the LAW says you SIT IN THE BACK of the bus.  Sit in the segregated lunch counter when the LAW says you can't, DUMP tea into the sea instead of paying an unfair tax, BUY contraband booze or make your own because some idiots changed THE CONSTITUTION itself to make beer, wine, etc. illegal.  Of course, if you do this prepare to suffer the consequences.    

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You have two options:

Good in theory, often less so in reality. Didn't work so well for English or Australian gun owners, did it?  Even less so for the Jews in 1930s Germany, or blacks during the Jim Crow era laws.

Sometimes, civil disobedience is a valid method of opposition & change. Sometimes not.  I'd rather suffer the "legal consequences" of battling injustice than meekly go along with that which is inherently wrong.  We have a little too much of the "we know what's best for you so shut up & do what we say" mentality in this country & especially this state.  We're on the road to socialism and survival of the weakest. Great plan we have going.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top