Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:05:46 AM EST
Just wondering if u guys thought it would be worth the 2 hour drive to go to bass pro shop in Illinois? My dad said he wanted to go so I thought. I would drive him. Or is it just another cabelas?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:30:41 AM EST
I have had better luck at Cabelas but It is worth driving if you have never been there. Cabelas doesn't have a giant fish tank.
I like to catch breakfast at Steak n Shake on the way in. Don't expect deals on black rifles. I have found bolt gun deals though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:11:04 AM EST
The Cabelas we visited in MN definitely had a fish tank.

LOTS of stuff to look at, not just guns and gear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:49:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
The Cabelas we visited in MN definitely had a fish tank.

LOTS of stuff to look at, not just guns and gear.

The Cabelas in Richfield has one too, but something tells me that's not your main concern here...

I've been to both and feel that Cabelas has better stuff/deals. It isn't a bad family trip though with lunch or dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. My kids dig it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:54:26 AM EST

Can't beat a car ride with your old man.

I always buy ammo. If you buy 10 boxes, they give you a 10% discount. Do your math though before buying, the "bulk" boxes aren't always cheaper than the 20rd boxes.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:53:03 AM EST
Bass Pro is worth seeing at least once, but the prices at Cabela's tend to be better. Heck, just the sales tax down there will kill your wallet.

At least if you go, Giordano's Pizza is just up the road, and that's worth a 2 hour drive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:42:40 PM EST
mEh. If I were near the WI/IL boarder I might make the trip. It's not that special IMO. Cabela's is a nicer store with better prices.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:34:13 PM EST
It would be hard to drive down just to see it for me... I mean Cabelas is a 4 minute drive LOL :)
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:53:06 PM EST
Pass its in a mall its not what you'd think its like at all no matter what your expectations its a let down. Scheels is 10x better without the fish tank though. Cabelas better yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:41:09 AM EST
If you want to see something different; go.
If you are looking at guns though, the last time I was in there, they had expanded their handgun section, though the prices were high.
Unless things have changed, they basically have no used guns. If they just changed this one thing, I think they would have much larger traffic in the store.
You have to have a reason for regular customers to some back, and it can't just be coupons. Used guns, bring people back to the stores, because inventory changes, and I think that's why I see so many more people at the Cabela's in my area, than the Bass Pro.

Bass Pro is a nice store though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:16:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By carlschmarl2:

Can't beat a car ride with your old man.

what he said....
Top Top