Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:25:13 PM EDT
people it would be nice if anyone who wants a little carbine class training can go to shooters edge.

i beleive if you take a basic carbine with bruce, you can take advance classes with jeff gonzalez from itts.

help me out people, if any of this info is in-correect please post.

getting tired of just plinking and wants to LEARN about carbine classes.  maybe we can get an all arfcom class .   i 've also been informed by dustin @ ammo bros. that he can arrange a training class with tim lau.

many options to kick around. the next class i'll be attending will be with jeff gonzales on the 21-23 of oct.
hopefully bruces class will get me into jeff's classes.  it will be for combat carbine and shoot on the move. $450.00 us. just sent my application in , now need to go find references.

if any other arfcommers are interested in going to jeff's class on the 21-23 oct. check out the shooters edge web site.

meat
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeff Gonzales is of Trident Concepts, Scott Reitz is of ITTS

I don't sling lead down range without doing some drills anymore, I get to sling lots of lead in AZ's MG shoots twice a year and that's what it's for, shooting semi in CA just needs to have its purpose: hitting the target lol.

Oh by the way, on top of the equipment, food and water y'all oughta bring, BRING SOME INSECT REPELLENT.  I was there last weekend and about 2 weeks before that, both times these innocent looking blood sucking motherfucking bugs got me.  Because they look nothing like mosquitos I didn't pay them much attention, untill they filled themselves with blood and left nice little bumps on my arms that itch for days

I'm gonna sign up for Jeff's carbine class  Jeff's classes are almost non stop with few short breaks, but you'll walk away a much better and safer shooter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Jeff Gonzales is of Trident Concepts, Scott Reitz is of ITTS

I don't sling lead down range without doing some drills anymore, I get to sling lots of lead in AZ's MG shoots twice a year and that's what it's for, shooting semi in CA just needs to have its purpose: hitting the target lol.

Oh by the way, on top of the equipment, food and water y'all oughta bring, BRING SOME INSECT REPELLENT.  I was there last weekend and about 2 weeks before that, both times these innocent looking blood sucking motherfucking bugs got me.  Because they look nothing like mosquitos I didn't pay them much attention, untill they filled themselves with blood and left nice little bumps on my arms that itch for days

I'm gonna sign up for Jeff's classes

i'd knew you'd come thru with the coorect info duufmeister. thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Meat, how about we start a Yahoo group in the same vein as webshooters?  Webshooters is alive and well, but its organized classes and trips have dwindled and become not so planned and organized.  It'll be invite only.  This way we can announce training classes, desert trips, ammo deals, WTS, WTB, etc., all in the family.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
eta" removed
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
lol no problem, think of what you wanna call this group
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
lol no problem, think of what you wanna call this group

howz bout duffy's dummies. you'll be head ceo and president.  just kiddin bro, had to do it.
i know , i know " ya dumbass meat"

let's ask our fellow arfcommers to chime in. i'm not good at this stuff either, but i can destroy things good  like!!!

meat

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
lol I don't wanna be in charge of it, I don't like to organize stuff, I just show up for shit (and even then not on a Sunday)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lol I don't wanna be in charge of it, I don't like to organize stuff, I just show up for shit (and even then not on a Sunday)

still a very valid idea, let me think on it and i'll let ya know.  thanks duff.

meat
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
how 'bout "The Peanut Gallery?"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Feinstein's Fallen
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
How about SCAR15?  SoCal AR15s
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
many options to kick around. the next class i'll be attending will be with jeff gonzales on the 21-23 of oct.
hopefully bruces class will get me into jeff's classes. it will be for combat carbine and shoot on the move. $450.00 us. just sent my application in , now need to go find references.

to get into jeff's class you need some references?  i havnt send in my payment for jeff class i will next payday, just spent a whole lota cheese for gear .  duffy you selling em handgun single  mag pouches?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]

triple b , yes 2 references saying you are a good guy,and you are  not planning to go to the dark side with the training....

chanigun, says you need 2 pistol mags, 100rds of ammo holster etc,
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Is it still possible to get into the shooters edge class? $25 seems like a great deal. Count me in, if there is room.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I think it's full
It'll be just a Yahoo group, no web site. Say we have 20 members, every time someone emails the group, everybody gets the email.  You can also log on to the Yahoo group's web addy and read all the emails.
Bangbang I don't have pouches I can sell, but you can get some from Blackhawk or Eagle Industries, there's still plenty of time
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hopefully bruces class will get me into jeff's classes. it will be for combat carbine and shoot on the move. $450.00 us. just sent my application in , now need to go find references.

to get into jeff's class you need some references?  i havnt send in my payment for jeff class i will next payday, just spent a whole lota cheese for gear .  duffy you selling em handgun single  mag pouches?

yeah, you need to have prior training/experiance, see you guys there.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
people it would be nice if anyone who wants a little carbine class training can go to shooters edge.

i beleive if you take a basic carbine with bruce, you can take advance classes with jeff gonzalez from itts.

getting tired of just plinking and wants to LEARN about carbine classes.  maybe we can get an all arfcom class .   i 've also been informed by dustin @ ammo bros. that he can arrange a training class with tim lau.

hopefully bruces class will get me into jeff's classes.  it will be for combat carbine and shoot on the move. $450.00 us. just sent my application in , now need to go find references.

if any other arfcommers are interested in going to jeff's class on the 21-23 oct. check out the shooters edge web site.

meat

i would take a class with Tim Lau in a heartbeat, and i'm sure you could fill a class easily, but an all arfcom class might be tuff, this was attempted before with little success, you should get Chen to help organize these, he's well known and very respected in the community and it would be a way for him to pawn some goods as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok I created the group called SCAR15
For the time being I'm the admin.  Y'all need to email me [email protected] with the addy on which you wish to get the group emails, after I get your email addy, I'll send you an invite
The catagory of the group is Agriculture and Farming lol.

ETA: shows how much I know, you can also go to the site directly and ask to join
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ok I created the group called
For the time being I'm the admin.  

ETA: shows how much I know, you can also go to the site directly and ask to join

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

i would take a class with Tim Lau in a heartbeat, and i'm sure you could fill a class easily, but an all arfcom class might be tuff, this was attempted before with little success, you should get Chen to help organize these, he's well known and very respected in the community and it would be a way for him to pawn some goods as well.

g-man, my last attempt to get a private class together was with smg lee and his buddy from you know where.  anyway try the scar15.yahoo and join if ya havent already and we'll try to get another going.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
F*** the rest go with the best ITTS. My opinion only! Here is a link to the ITTS site. www.internationaltactical.com/index.asp
You will never have as much fun as shooting from a speeding cop car
Blackgun
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
F*** the rest go with the best ITTS. My opinion only! Here is a link to the ITTS site. www.internationaltactical.com/index.asp
You will never have as much fun as shooting from a speeding cop car
Blackgun

Blackgun, thanks but we're talking about carbine training here in SoCal, ITTS does't seem to have one scheduled here in SoCal for the rest of the year only in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
not to get off topic but, i will.

thanks duffy, now just to figure out how allthis sheeuut works. it'll take me awhile, but i'm no two pump chump.

meat
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#24]
ok membership is pending
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#25]

I emailed Shooters Edge just in case they had any slots open up in the class, and got this response:

-----------------------------------------------------
I'll keep you on the waiting list.
You are among several.

If I can get about 6 more,
I'll just schedule another class.
At the same cost.

Spread the word around, and
ask people to e-mail me with a
request to get on the waiting list.

I'll keep you posted.

Bruce
-----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe we can get a few more people interested, and get a second class?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I emailed Shooters Edge just in case they had any slots open up in the class, and got this response:

You are among several.

At the same cost.

I'll keep you posted.

Bruce

ok people what a helluva deal !!!! tired of just plinking and getting no edumacation from it?  $25.00 us for a day of carbine class. ther's gotta be 5 more besides zapp that wanna learn carbine.  

meat
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I could use a refresher. When is it and how much ammo do I need?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Never had one before and would be cool to try one for the first time. Any idea when this class would be?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
email bruce at shooters edge

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Heck, for $25 I'd take Bruce's class every month just for the trigger time--as long as I don't have to work that weekend. And I'm sure I could round up another interested party or two. (I had two that had other commitments for the 20th--one guy even tried telling me he was getting married and would be on his honeymoon that weekend! Like an old boss used to say, in publishing, "Excuses don't print!")

So count me in, as long as I've got the weeknd off.

ETA: Mall Ninja, Bruce suggested we lug 700 rounds to this upcoming class. Back in December for this class, I think I went through 400+, not quite 500. But better to have too much than not enough. And probably Bruce has come up with a few new drills or something requiring more rounds. Also, we're supposed to have some dummy rounds this time so sounds like we'll be doing some stoppage drills or something similar.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Y'all oughta take his shottie and long range rifle classes too, the long range class is an eye opener
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's my e-mail response from Bruce. Seems most likely in October if there is another class being scheduled. Unless something really important happens, I am in.

===================================

Thanks for contacting me.

Right now, there are only 2 people who are interested.

You and one other.

That's OK.
As the work gets out, I'll schedule
a date.

It's likely to be in October.

Will get back to you later.

I have you on the list.

Bruce
===================================
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Atomic Twinkie?      

I'd go to both classes but the stork is dropping by (or at least in scheduled to) our home on the same day as the Jeff class.      
When's the Bruce class??
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Congrats, you hoping for a girl this time?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#35]
It will be, that has been confirmed.   I have already started building her Hello Kitty MRP, since I hate Barbie.    And if I built an Barbie AR, everyone would call me a copycat.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#36]
congrats to you and your wifey kisara!!! hope ya'll the best. post pics of the lil darlin when she 's born.

meat
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#37]
where is the carbine class being held exactly? angeles, burro???  me and several guys from my gun club would like to take this course.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
where is the carbine class being held exactly? angeles, burro???  me and several guys from my gun club would like to take this course.

this particular class will be held for the second time at the un-beleivable price of $25.oo us by bruce krell at shooters edge. look up shooters edge .com i beleive.

bruce has tentatively agreed to this depending if he has a min. of six people that sign up, beleive he will set the date . but nothin concrete as of yet. when he has the min . he will then take a course of action.
best thing to do is to email him and let him know you're an arfcommer interested in the second upcoming class. if he has the min. number of people signed up. he will prolly take it from there.

meat
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You are among several.

At the same cost.

I'll keep you posted.

Bruce

here's the privious post by zapp,
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Carne sent you a Im regarding this class.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#41]
cali,
tried to call ya on cell and home . no answer. IM'd you back with info.

IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED IN THE SECOND CLASS , E-MAIL BRUCE AT SHOOTERSEDGE.COM
HE IS THE MAN WITH THE ANSWERS.

carne-eater

cali good to hear from ya. check scar15

eta: for spelling mistakes
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#42]
You don't have to lie Carne. None of your numbers showed up on any of my caler id's. Just messing with you. I will e-mial Bruce. Is the Sept. shoot going to happen? Hope it's a Saturday. Well I'm out.

By the way I have some carne you can eat.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You don't have to lie Carne. None of your numbers showed up on any of my caler id's. Just messing with you. I will e-mial Bruce. Is the Sept. shoot going to happen? Hope it's a Saturday. Well I'm out.

By the way I have some carne you can eat.

damin it caliman be nice to me......

sept. shoot will be organized my walmart special so , ride his ass and give him a piece of carne.

bruce is also on scar15. bkrell2002

carne
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#44]
www.shootersedge.com is a a dart shop/site (like the throwing kind) .... anyone have a direct e-mail for bruce? Want to get on the list for a class...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#45]
It should be www.shooters-edge.com/
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:30:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Depending on what date this is scheduled for I may beable to do this, sent an e-mail to Bruce, shoot I'd even be happy to make it when you guys have the Burro shoots.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I'll check with Bruce to find out the date on the second class.  If it's in October I might be able to make it.  It'll be good to see Bruce again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#48]
lol I'd love to see him not bleeding in one of the classes, he always manages to get a cut somewhere...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#49]
burro shoots are open to all arfcommers. check monthly pinned shoots.
duffy definetly bringing up the ezup.
see ya sat.

meat
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#50]
A second class was setup for Oct. 9. You probably got an email if you requested info. Hope to see some of you there.

Dave
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top