Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 7:50:06 PM EDT
do any of you guys know of places that have steel  "pop up" targets to shoot at in this state
it looks like a hell of a good time to me!!!!

- guy with an itchy trigger finger
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Cedar Rod & Gun Club used to have a steel shooting night, but I'm not sure if they still do... their website hasn't been updated in forever. I believe you have to be a member though, its not a public range.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of the DNR ranges offer to rent out the outdoor ranges for like $100 a day. Granted, it's not free like the pit, but it should be in a clean and safer environment. We could probably do whatever we want (to a certain extent in regards to safety) and hold a MI ARFCOM shoot. Some of the shooters could volunteer to be the RO for the day, so you won't have some deer hunter sneering at all the evil black rifles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some of the DNR ranges offer to rent out the outdoor ranges for like $100 a day. Granted, it's not free like the pit, but it should be in a clean and safer environment. We could probably do whatever we want (to a certain extent in regards to safety) and hold a MI ARFCOM shoot. Some of the shooters could volunteer to be the RO for the day, so you won't have some deer hunter sneering at all the evil black rifles.

Is that for anybody?  I know the Island Lake DNR range is used for LE training and qualifications on days they are closed (some days throughotu the year, not every day they are closed), but I would think the liability the state would face if they allowed the public to "rent out the range" would not be something they would want to shoulder.  Sounds interesting though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The Benzie Sportsmans Club has a pretty extensive steel target inventory for the pistol program.  There is at least one bang clang a month during the summer and there may be more.  Those are open to anyone for a small fee.  We are working on getting some steel rifle targets but haven't crossed that bridge yet.

we will have the schedule of events posted soon.  www.benziesportsmansclub.com

cheers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a member of the Livingston Gun Club. We have matches that are open to the public. We have steel pepper poppers, bowling pins, etc...

livingstongunclub.org for more info.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Shooters corral in Eaton Rapids had a set on it's pistol range only!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cedar Rod & Gun Club used to have a steel shooting night, but I'm not sure if they still do... their website hasn't been updated in forever. I believe you have to be a member though, its not a public range.

Cedar still does the steel shoots. First monday of the month May through September, open to the public all you have to do is pay a $10 fee and sign a waiver
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cedar still does the steel shoots. First monday of the month May through September, open to the public all you have to do is pay a $10 fee and sign a waiver

Yep, lots' of fun.

Tim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top