Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:17:44 PM EDT
i wanna go bag something exotic up there.

of course this gives me an excuse to get something new like a 458 socom.

whats some ballpark prices for non resident tags on game?

semi auto magazine limitations? suppressors?

anythigng else of importance?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:20:05 PM EDT
Mag cap limits no, suppressors legal, NVDs legal, lights under some circumstances. $100 or so in licenses, $300 caribou tag, $400 moose, $500 griz, you can collect a cheaper animal on your tag, if its in season. Buy the Bear tag and shoot what you like.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:17:00 AM EDT
I think you need to look here:

Alaska Dept of Fish and Game

Some of what combat jack has told you is not true.

You will need a professional guide to hunt certain species, and you must buy a tag for each species you want to hunt in most cases.

The site posted is very informative.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:50:50 AM EDT
Check out page 11 in the regs it deals with non resident hunters.

For brown/griz, dall sheep, mountain goat you need a guide or second-degree blood relative that is a resident at least 19 y/o to go with you.

Lic. Fee for all game $85
Griz $500
Black Bear $225
Caribou $325
Moose $400
Dall Sheep $425

The regs can also change at any time and as a hunter you are responsible for keeping up on it. The best advise is to read the regs and then talk to Fish and Game and ask any other questions you might have. I have had very good experiences with the office in Fairbanks if they don't know they will find out and let you know.
Top Top