Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2005 1:48:23 AM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10396250/

Shooting follow-up
KTTC-TV
Stewartville, MN - An investigation is underway after a shooting involving a Rochester police officer. It happened during a drug raid in Stewartville. Authorities say 21-year-old Andrea Ashley of Lake Mills, Iowa has non-life threatening injuries...

But they aren't saying where she was shot.

The raid happened shortly before eight Thursday morning, as the Narcotics Task Force served a search warrant at an apartment off Main Street.

At some point, Rochester police officer Tracy Nepper fired a shot that hit Ashley.

We're told Ashley was visiting the apartment, and there were three other people there at the time.

Authorities did find some drugs at the scene, but so far, no arrests have been made.

Olmsted County Sheriff Steve Borchardt says "We just want to reassure the community that the event is over. It was isolated and the community is certainly safe."
nothing to see here, move along

Roger Peterson the Rochester Police Chief says "We will conduct an internal investigation to make sure all policies and procedures were followed during the incident."

The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is now handling the case.

Officer Nepper is on paid administrative leave while the investigation is pending.

sounds like the cops might have screwed up

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a crack house, and someone made a sudden move...
Who knows?? Our humble community is changing fast!
Money Magizine can kiss my ass...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10396250/

Shooting follow-up
KTTC-TV
Stewartville, MN - An investigation is underway after a shooting involving a Rochester police officer. It happened during a drug raid in Stewartville. Authorities say 21-year-old Andrea Ashley of Lake Mills, Iowa has non-life threatening injuries...

But they aren't saying where she was shot.

The raid happened shortly before eight Thursday morning, as the Narcotics Task Force served a search warrant at an apartment off Main Street.

At some point, Rochester police officer Tracy Nepper fired a shot that hit Ashley.

We're told Ashley was visiting the apartment, and there were three other people there at the time.

Authorities did find some drugs at the scene, but so far, no arrests have been made.

Olmsted County Sheriff Steve Borchardt says "We just want to reassure the community that the event is over. It was isolated and the community is certainly safe."
nothing to see here, move along

Roger Peterson the Rochester Police Chief says "We will conduct an internal investigation to make sure all policies and procedures were followed during the incident."

The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is now handling the case.

Officer Nepper is on paid administrative leave while the investigation is pending.

sounds like the cops might have screwed up

How would have the cops screwed up?  Because they put her on administrative leave after the shooting?  If that was what you ment, it is standard procedure to put an officer on administrative leave after any shooting so they have the time to deal with what happened and for the department to make sure that the shoot was justified.

Until more details start coming out, please refrain from bashing Law Enforcement.  Remember, the suspect was shot in a DRUG HOUSE.  I would certinaly give the officer the benifit of the doubt over someone inside a drug house during a raid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't be the first time the Olmsted county sheriffs office has fucked something up. I have all kinds of respect for LEOs but they make a error every now and then.
For example:
1)shooting a guy with a gun thinking it was a taser.
2)Accidentally discharging the gun while tapping on someones car window.
Like I said everyone makes a mistake and it's not meant as a bash.

ETA: it was not the administrative leave part but rather Borchardts comment
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
and a update
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10452967/

Drug bust arrest
KTTC-TV
Stewartville, MN - Charges are made against a man arrested in connection with a drug raid in Stewartville last week. 22-year-old Jaime Helland is charged with sales of a controlled substance.

Authorities found cocaine, marijuana and mushrooms at his Stewartville Apartment located at 211 North Main Street.

Law enforcment arrested Helland on Friday at his parents home in Albert Lea.

He remains in jail.

His hearing is set for next Thursday.

An investigation is continuing on a shooting involving a Rochester police officer.

A woman visiting Helland's Stewartville apartment was shot during the drug raid last Thursday.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wouldn't be the first time the Olmsted county sheriffs office has fucked something up. I have all kinds of respect for LEOs but they make a error every now and then.
For example:

Wrong Department!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For example:

Wrong Department!

roch PD thanks
but pretty much sleeping together in this burb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top