Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 11:34:51 PM EDT
wanted to check in and ask if there were any fellas with the black rifle disease in east pasco.

where do you guys shoot? we should get together one weekend a month and shoot some steel and run some drills... anyone else got land we can train on?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone else got land we can train on?

Thats the biggest on goin joke around here. We ALL have been lookin for some land to shoot on.

Up in Pasco alot of ppl shoot at the Hernando sportmans club. The 2nd sat. of the month they do tactical rifle competitions where you run and gun. 4 times a year they do 3gun matches instead, check their website for the dates of the 3gun, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#2]
not a joke to me. we like to shoot and we do... yea the key word here is "anyone ELSE".....

meaning i ALREADY have land we train on and we do. there are a couple others in our group that that HAVE land or know people who DONT MIND US SHOOTING ON THEIR LAND so right now we train at FOUR LOCATIONS that we rotate our shooting at so that we dont piss off the neighbors etc.  

was hoping to find some more locations, possibly someone who has a "pit" or berm on all 3 or 4 sides of a shooting area. cheaper than renting the equipment to dig a pit.

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone else got land we can train on?

hats
Up in Pasco alot of ppl shoot at the Hernando sportmans club. The 2nd sat. of the month they do tactical rifle competitions where you run and gun. 4 times a year they do 3gun matches instead, check their website for the dates of the 3gun, etc.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
nvm.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey 10-100, that sounds pretty cool.

I'm looking for some place to try out these practice rifle grenades I bought. Never shot them before but from what I read it might need a max of about 200yds. You got any place open enough to try that?

I usually shoot at the Hernando range if I'm in Pasco, very relaxed atmosphere and a nice place to shoot. FA allowed as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
wanted to check in and ask if there were any fellas with the black rifle disease in east pasco.

where do you guys shoot? we should get together one weekend a month and shoot some steel and run some drills... anyone else got land we can train on?

I live in East Pasco, Zephyrhills actually. Since I am relatively new to shooting AR's I have been going up to Dade City Rod and Gun Club. Not a bad place. It's run by a bunch of old guys, nice fellas.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in East Pasco, Zephyrhills actually. Since I am relatively new to shooting AR's I have been going up to Dade City Rod and Gun Club. Not a bad place. It's run by a bunch of old guys, nice fellas.

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

me 3

the old fellas at the DCR&GC look at me funny sometimes.....

Me - tap-tap...tap............tap-tap......tap...........tap-tap...tap

Old fellas - "what are you doing with that there carbeeeeen on the damn pistol range....thats just plain craaazzyyyy shooootin son......"  

Me - "10-4 sir, but i dont plan on being attacked by a bullseye at 100 yds while having a benchrest nearby, so i train like fight"

Old fellas - "just dont shoot up the target stands son...."

Me- "aye-aye sir..... tap-tap....tap........."

they would freak out if they saw what kinda shit we do on private land with the steel.

nice range though, friendly people without attitudes
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
joseph the way you follow my threads and post some stupid face in each of them is childish, get a life man. there is more than the internet out there. i feel sad for you bro. come shoot with me if you want some friends man.

i mean what is this the third or fourth time you do this??

glad im this important to you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
have any of you guys joined the DCR&GC? Seems like it would pay for itself if you go there enough.
I live down on Ft King between Daughtery and the curve to the north.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
yea i have joined, theres a one time initiation fee plus the reg membership.

i want to shoot in the "pit", havent got to yet.

its worth the money just for the people you meet up there.

Just cant do too much. havent been able to shoot in any positions like prone one knee, definitely cant shoot on the move. I cant shoot standing on the rifle range either, only on the pistol range and even then people give you strange looks cause my AR isnt a pistol. good people though.

overall though its a nice little range with some characters.

sometimes ill hit shooting sports in tampa off dale mabry, they have a couple rifle lanes. you are pretty much to yourself on their rifle ranges so ill shoot on the move downrange while engaging a couple targets. i dont think they would be happy if they saw that. ive seen HCSO swat train in there before and they shot in ways that range wasnt designed for without any problems from the guys in charge.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
i think im getting banned in a minute soo hey ill see you guys around. happy shooting folks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoot in the pit?? What is the pit?

And why are you getting banned?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Try here for two appetizers

and then HERE for the main course.

I did try helping the guy but some people just can't be helped...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top