Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2008 4:19:23 PM EDT
i didn't end up doing too badly...

snagged the FN SLP i'd been wanting for $1k...  had an aimpoint on it to boot...  thought it might have been fake at first, but confirmed it wasn't...  pretty happy about that...

also, i picked up the rest of the parts to finish my spikes 22LR AR15...  got the balance of them at brownells last week.  ron had some of the "tan" stuff and i thought it might be wise to keep the 22LR a different color for snagging stuff on the quick from the safe to dispatch various varmints...  who wants to make mistake in the middle of the night?

i also managed to get a lot of work done that had piled up, so that allowed for some breathing room...

i took a quick pic of a new unit i finished for a member here:

it'll be quite the unit when he gets the optics mounted...  

i trust everyone made out like a bandit.  all three of you that attended anyway...

Link Posted: 12/21/2008 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You stole that SLP!
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I finally found the FNP I was looking for and talked him down to $450 NIB:

Ps that SLP looks great
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, yours too!  must have been an FN weekend...

;)
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
nothing wrong with a FN weekend at all. Now I just need to find a PS90 FS2000 or Scar for sub $1000 and I'll be set
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So you are the one who snagged the FN SLP...I saw it Friday night but didn't have the cash with me and it was gone by the time I got there Saturday. Damn...
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
nothing wrong with a FN weekend at all. Now I just need to find a PS90 FS2000 or Scar for sub $1000 and I'll be set

i'd do that very same thing...

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you are the one who snagged the FN SLP...I saw it Friday night but didn't have the cash with me and it was gone by the time I got there Saturday. Damn...

and i take it, you're the guy that told the dealer that "that guy won't be back for it..."  at least he told me somebody had told him that right after i left.  hell of note...

small damn world...

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
also, finished up a couple more paint projects...

a stoeger for a turkey hunting customer:

and this one i really dig...  take a ganders and see if you can identify the "theme" as it were...

possibly a big IH fan?

good times...

Merry Christmas all!!!

-michael
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
also, finished up a couple more paint projects...

a stoeger for a turkey hunting customer:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/septic-tank13/paint%20and%20smithing/img_0479a.jpg

and this one i really dig...  take a ganders and see if you can identify the "theme" as it were...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/septic-tank13/paint%20and%20smithing/img_0477a.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/septic-tank13/paint%20and%20smithing/img_0478a.jpg

possibly a big IH fan?

good times...

Merry Christmas all!!!

-michael

Those are nice ST, done some fine work there.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and i take it, you're the guy that told the dealer that "that guy won't be back for it..."  at least he told me somebody had told him that right after i left.  hell of note...

small damn world...

Nope, that was not me. I saw it Friday,made a note of it to get it on Saturday, but it was gone.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top