Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 3:45:04 PM EDT
i know ive posted this here before but i really want to go and i dont know anybody  around that does.   soooo anybody??  what ever is good for your schedule, im not above calling out of work.  i live in staunton.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you doing this to me?  I have so much fishing to do over these summer months and now you dangle this in front of me after I put a target AR15 together over the winter.  Yes, I would be interested but I'm not sure when I can.  Thursdays are my only day off and I'm booked this week and am not sure about next.  Let me know if there is a possibility of getting off next Thursday and I'll see what I can arrange.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
When?
Where?
Private land?
Need a license?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
hope i didnt mislead anybody,  i dont have land to go on.  should have mentioned that.  but if you do, next thursday is fine w/ me i have to work 11p to 7a so id just have to be back by six or so, so i can go to bed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
WTH is chuck shooding?

I've always liked Chuck. He seems nice. Not sure why anyone would wanna shoot him, but if that's what everyone is doing... I'll shoot him too.

--LS
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I misunderstood.  I thought you had a place to go.  I don't have a good spot for chuck shooting either so I guess this is a no-go for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
GREAT, I got all stoked for nothing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#7]
sorry guys.  i really should have stated that in my post.
i do have a couple of prospects but im still working up to asking him since i barely know him.  the other guy asked me to go wiht him a long time ago and now i cant get in touch with him.

ill work on it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just about any farmer with hay fields will gladly let you shoot groundhogs on their land if you ask them politely. Damage due to groundhog burrows is probably the #2 cause of farm machinery breakdowns besides general wear and tear.

In my experience,if you offer to help mend fences, put up hay, etc on occasion they'll likely give you the run of the place. If they have livestock on the property, it's usually a no-go unless they know you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone feels like driving to Scott County, I've got several good places full of groundhogs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#10]
where's scott county?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Staunton?  Damn.  where were all the "local" Virginia members when i lived in Lexington?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top