Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:58:59 AM EDT
This guy in the Arf.com chat room yesterday was telling me that you can use a 12 Gauge reloading station, agulira mini shells, and airsoft rounds to load airsoft 12 gauge cartridges that were completely safe for simunitions practice. He said that as long as you used toilet paper instead of a plastic wad and you got the powder charge light enough to push the airsoft BB's at around 300-350 fps that you could use it as you would a regular airsoft gun. I think that this would be a great training aid and would really help me get an edge on home defense, tactical shooting, ect.

If anybody has a 12 guage reloading station that they would let me borrow for the afternoon or woul be interested in trying to load these for themselves let me know and i can give you the load recipe.
Thanks! Jason
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:48:56 PM EDT
I do ! ! ! I do ! ! !

But you can't use it

<­BR>

( because your funny lookin' )

Invisiblesou­l
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:09 PM EDT
yeah thanks buddy!

actually im thinking that for graduation i might throw a party and tell everyone to bring their own beer and UNLOADED shotguns, we can have an airsoft shotgun fight early, get drunk later on, and im planning on throwing a stripper or two in there somewhere.

im wondering if im going to have to pay a bunch of money to get a stripper just to come out or if they will show up for free and work for the tips and 1 dollar bills?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:21:38 PM EDT
I got a MEC press.
First of all I don’t think you can use minishells in it or any loader
The trick is to get the charge down to 300 fps. Like you said a light charge of powder. The problem is the shell internals are about 5/8” wide. If you don’t have the powder flat on the back of the shell you can get a bad firing. I would first try a standard shot shell primer without powder. Then a couple grains of green dot and work up slowly. You will have to punch an old shell and reprime. Then hand seat the crumpled toilet paper wad with something like a dowel. A couple “wads” cut from cardboard or foam may also work. Then hand load with your 6mm plastic BBs. I don’t think I would use a plastic buffer material. Crimp and test them a lot on “soft” targets and then strap on a heavy coat and a motorcycle helmet and let your buddy shoot you. I think you need to do a lot of research and testing on this to be sure your safe 100% of the time. You can buy a MEC reloader for less than 100.00 and with the testing I think you need to do on this to be safe I think it would be a good investment for you…

Good luck.
And for heavens sake double check your SIM ROUNDS!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:09:37 PM EDT
yeah i need to get a damn job again to afford all the stuff that ive been scheming up in the past 2 months! If the simunitions work out it would be the coolest thing ever. I couldnt imagine how much fun it would be to get into shotgun fights with friends, on the other hand tweesing plastic BB's from my ass would be a really crappy way to spend an afternoon. Well no big worry, it will be a while before i get the money anyways!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 10:54:05 PM EDT by TheInvisibleSoul]
Make sure you dont get them confused with 00 Buck shot.

That " could " make a hole in your wall !

Invisibl­esoul
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:29:54 PM EDT
you mean "another" hole in the wall! anyhow it will be a while before i get this project done and if i do succeed i will be very cautious about keeping live rounds away from the training area. It would be a bring only unloaded shotguns kind of thing and all guns would be inspected prior to the game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:30:29 PM EDT
next time i go to houston though i might call you and see if i can go over to your house and play with your reloader!
Top Top