Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:43:20 PM EDT
I've been looking for a new truck and Baxter Ford has one I'm interested in and I was wondering if anyone has done business with them and how they are to deal with?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't expect that they would be any different than the average dealership.  I get parts from them a couple times a week but have never dealt with the sales staff there, other than getting nearly mugged by some salesperson almost every time I pull in and get out of the truck...  

If I were to recommend any Ford dealer around Omaha, it would be Atchley Ford.  That is where we take our Fords for warranty and service work.  Not sure what model you are looking at, but they have a Tech there that is very good on the trucks and especially the diesels.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't expect that they would be any different than the average dealership.  I get parts from them a couple times a week but have never dealt with the sales staff there, other than getting nearly mugged by some salesperson almost every time I pull in and get out of the truck...  

If I were to recommend any Ford dealer around Omaha, it would be Atchley Ford.  That is where we take our Fords for warranty and service work.  Not sure what model you are looking at, but they have a Tech there that is very good on the trucks and especially the diesels.

thanks, I'm looking at a used truck so I'm kinda stuck with Baxter if I want it. Thanks for the heads up that the salesmen are quick on the draw, I'll have to see if I can try to sneak in. I hate having a salesman looking over my shoulder when I'm crawling all over and under a truck checking it out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I walked out of there office. They are lying thieving salesman and are told to do so. They play number games using a four sided approach and try to confuse you. Shady business..i would and will stay away. My family and I have purchased from woodhouse ford and dodge on numerous occasion and have great things to say. That being said, they can not be touched for new vehicle prices, but their used vehicles tend to be on the high side.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a new Focus from Baxter back in June.  It was a simple enough transaction, they met the price that we wanted.  Bought it, and left.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
No matter what your buying and no matter what dealership your buying from you have to do your homework.  You must know the value of the vehicle you are interested in and if your trading you must know what your vehicle is worth.  Don't get caught up in their games and always be prepared to say no and walk away.  There are thousands and thousands of used cars out there.  You don't have to have that exact one that day.

In this day of computers and information there is ZERO reason not to be informed on a vehicle purchase.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No matter what your buying and no matter what dealership your buying from you have to do your homework.  You must know the value of the vehicle you are interested in and if your trading you must know what your vehicle is worth.  Don't get caught up in their games and always be prepared to say no and walk away.  There are thousands and thousands of used cars out there.  You don't have to have that exact one that day.

In this day of computers and information there is ZERO reason not to be informed on a vehicle purchase.

Yup...I learned that dealers HATE smart phones.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...I learned that dealers HATE smart phones.

They hate smart PEOPLE even more.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys, I stopped by on my way to my inlaws and didn't see the truck on the lot so I left. I'm probably just going ot wait until one of the local dealers I've delt with gets one in that I like or just order a new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top