Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2012 12:26:24 AM EDT
anyone konw is there any shop can do the export of sig553 semiauto in switzerland?thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You may ask here .

I dont know for sure wether they export SIG 553 to NZ but I dont know why they shouldnt either. Just ask and be sure to order a Brügger & Thomet quad rail for it. It looks totally ridiculous!

Email would be: [email protected]

Good luck!  The 553 is such a great rifle!

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You may ask here .

I dont know for sure wether they export SIG 553 to NZ but I dont know why they shouldnt either. Just ask and be sure to order a Brügger & Thomet quad rail for it. It looks totally ridiculous!

Email would be: [email protected]

Good luck!  The 553 is such a great rifle!

thanks.......if the website can be translate to english will be better...

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
They can answer English I think...

BUT be sure to have an official permit to buy a semi-automatic short barrelled militarian assault rifle. You have to send this permit to the gunshop in Switzerland. Otherwise you dont even have to try... Is it possible in your country to buy such a gun?
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i need apply the import permit first.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought there was an importer in NZL that handles the SIG/Swiss Arms line?  Cannot recall the name, but may be a good place to start.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]

I have a 553 and the B&T quad rail and ... meh.

Build quality is of course awesome but it's quite bulky and you don't have a nice grip on the gun compared to the original handguard. When I bought my 553 I ordered the small rails that screw on the original handguard which are IMHO a nicer solution.

Shelling out 500CHF (I got mine used but  like new for 250 CHF and ... well ... just like the previous owner I seldom use it) for something you won't use is never pleasant.

More on topic, the swiss export permit for my 553 was issued within three weeks. You need to get a copy of your (clean !) criminal record in Switzerland. Procedure costs 20 CHF and can be initiated online.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you try Knesek guns
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
anyone konw is there any shop can do the export of sig553 semiauto in switzerland?thanks

Any gun dealer can get a Swiss export licence, it's simple, they just apply to SECO, costs 50 Francs.  I did it once and I got it in less than a week, I didn't even realize the mail could work that fast.

What you need is the import licence, they won't grant it unless you have one.  (They used to, stopped about ten years ago).

http://www.seco.admin.ch/index.html?lang=en

Frankly the shipping is your biggest problem.  Almost any gunshop in Switzerland can handle an export.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top