Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 11:36:12 AM EDT
Is there anyone on here whos a paid FF or EMT? Im an volunteer EMT-B whos about to take FFI and FFII in Jan and hope to move out to the Pacific NW  to get a job as an EMT/FF and possibly find a station with a good rescue squad truck to ride on(looking to do extrications and all the other fun non running into burning building stuff).  Looking for some info about the Fire/EMS system in the Portland area.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.tvfr.com/

you have any experince with them?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a career, but do volunteer, I have a lot of friends and family that are. If you are trying to get on with a dept. it is very tough to get on. I think TVFR last I heard had 13 openings and over 10,000 applied. I am not positive on the numbers but it was some outrages number. My brother-in-law graduated top in his class at OHSU as am EMT, and ended up having to go to Colorado for a full time job. Most of Oregon has smaller dept. with most to all volunteer, so when an opening does come up the station is flooded with resumes.  Hope this helps, and good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top