Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 3:07:46 PM EST
Is there anyone in NOVA area that can change out an upper receiver for me? I have a Bushmaster A2 upper with an M4 barrel. My wife bought me a Rock River flat top that I want this barrel installed on and then re-headspaced. I have a USMC M16A2/M4 manual and a DPMS barrel wrench but none of the other equipment needed nor the experience. I'm willing to pay a gunsmith but I imagine any in this area will charge a lot for it. I'd be much more willing to pay a member of AR15.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:46:59 PM EST
Try Gilbert's Small Arms Range. Their smith is named Larry. He's a decent guy doesn't charge much.

703-550-8005 I think is the number. They are open til 10pm most nights.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:09:14 AM EST
You can also see about Dawsons down on RT 1. About 3 miles south of 123/RT1 intersection.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:36:39 AM EST
I just had the guys at Gilberts handle a few things for me. They switched out a 20" barrel and installed a 24", plus a free float tube and swivel stud. I also had to have the muzzle brake pinned in for post ban use. Total cost was $90 labor. I supplied all parts.

They are good guys there. They may not be cheap for gun purchases, but they do know their stuff. They also only charge $15 for transfers.
Top Top