Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2003 12:09:54 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a 1911 smith in DFW?
I have emailed K2 because I think they do some, but are there some others?

I need a smith that will break my 1911 down to the smallest part and be able to put it back together correctly.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell man, I can show you how to do that in an hour!  I regularly detail strip my two Colts (Gov't model and Combat Commander) and it's no biggie.

Let me know if you want to get together sometime and we'll have us a lil' "strip session".

If you're looking for actual smith work beyond the usual DIY stuff, you might try Richard at Big Bear Arms in Carrollton.  Some like his work and some don't so I can't give you an unqualified recommendation, but he did a nice job on my Gov't model.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
SPS guns in Carrollton I think the guys name is Wayne. Nice guy to me very knowledgable
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#3]
About anything can be repaired at Lee's Gun Parts in Irving.  He also builds 1911 type pistols.  He is open Tues-Thurs 9-5.  South of 183 on Beltline and one block east on Pioneer.  Full-service gunsmith and an incredible parts depot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top