Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 4:40:28 AM EDT
ISRA-PVF: 2004 'Critical Election Year' for Illinois Firearm Owners

10/27/2004 1:34:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: State Desk

Contact: Richard Pearson of the ISRA Political Victory Fund, 815-635-3166, Web: http://www.isra-pvf.com

CHICAGO, Oct. 27 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The following was released today by the ISRA Political Victory Fund (ISRA-PVF):

The ISRA-PVF is describing 2004 as a "critical election year" for the state's 1.5 million law-abiding firearm owners. With the public's focus sharpening on issues related to homeland security and the war on terror, seats held by the General Assembly's gun control liberals may be up for grabs. The most notable of which is in the 92nd House District where gun control advocate Ricca Slone is struggling in her race against Republican challenger Aaron Schock.

In addition to its recent endorsement of Schock, the ISRA-PVF is supporting his campaign with several mailings targeting voters in the 92nd House District. These mailings point out Slone's long record of hostility against hunters and sportsmen and tout Schock as being the clear choice for the district's law-abiding firearm owners.

In other campaign action, the ISRA-PVF has recently completed distribution of over 200,000 voters guides. The guides list the ISRA-PVF endorsed and preferred candidates.

"The ISRA-PVF strongly encourages the state's hunters and sportsmen to exercise their right to vote next Tuesday," commented ISRA-PVF spokesman Richard Pearson. "Hunters and sportsmen may rest assured that the endorsed and preferred candidates listed in our voters guides have track records and personal philosophies consistent with the traditions that made this state and this nation so great."

"2004 presents a great opportunity for the state's law-abiding firearm owners to stand up and be counted," continued Pearson. "The war on terror has chilled the public to the propaganda put out by the Chicago-based gun control movement. The notion that there is strength in weakness may play well on Chicago's north shore, but people in the rest of the state just aren't buying it. September 11th dispelled the myth that the government can protect the public from every threat. I think many voters will use their newly found sense of self-reliance to re-evaluate candidates. Chicago-style gun controllers like Ricca Slone may find themselves in trouble."
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What about the threat from Illinois Republicans like Represenative Elizabeth Coulson?  She wants to retro-activley make the '94 AWB permanent Illinois Law (HB 7337)?

In Illinois, voting Republican is no safeguard against radical gun control...

Richardson
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm putting her on my list. I do appreciate the ISRA bulletins.

How will we ever know of all the sheep in wolves clothing?

JR
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm putting her on my list. I do appreciate the ISRA bulletins.

How will we ever know of all the sheep in wolves clothing?

JR

In computerese:

if (House_District <= 40 || Senate_District <= 20)
     WantsToBanYourGuns();
else
      CheckNRAEndorsements();
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top