Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Gee whiz, who would have guessed that oil (hash oil) and open flames together might be a fire hazard?  

There has to be a Cheech and Chong skit in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that where Tweak lives?

(J/K)
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, if they were making oil, it involved simmering the vegatable substance for hours over low heat in oil.  Best to do it on a heating element type stove, rather than a gas flame.  They probably got stoned, fell asleep, and the oil reached its flash point.

Bummer dude.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't cooking it into oil fall into manufacturing and carry a much stiffer sentence than simple possession?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the amount.  Most likely not though, as folks will often make oil out of a "single user amount" and then use it over time so they can accurately meter the amount in the prepared foods they use it in.  Lots of folks who use it medicinally do it this way.  While the story said it is sold in stores, it didn't say it was their intent to sell it in stores.  Amount and packaging would likely need to be seen to prove intent.    

Folks will steep it in oil or butter after grinding it, then run it through a coffe filter and then press the remaining oil out.  Doesn't take a lot.  A few grams (an eighth) can treat a pint of oil and last an individual a long time depending on their needs.    
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty crazy. About three blocks from my house.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
An old friend of mine fell asleep while microwaving a potato and burned up his apartment.

Potato's are bad M'kay?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
An old friend of mine fell asleep while microwaving a potato and burned up his apartment.

Potato's are bad M'kay?

of course they are......POTato.....coincidence?...I think not.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]

DOH!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wouldn't cooking it into oil fall into manufacturing and carry a much stiffer sentence than simple possession?

it's medicinal bro... for anal glaucoma and shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top