Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 9:01:37 PM EST
Thinking about popping the big question to the GF on NYE, but I'm having trouble finding a "classy" place or event to do so. Navy Pier would be cool, but neither of us are interested in dealing with a busy and drunk Chicago that night.

Western burbs would be ideal. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:50:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 12:24:06 PM EST by Deej86]
Willowbrook Ballroom in Willow Springs always has a big NYE bash. I've never been though. It always makes the news though.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:21:48 PM EST
I think the Willowbrook Ballroom is actually in Willow Springs. It's on Archer Ave. (Rt 171) between Rt. 83 and Willow Springs Road. If you believe in the supernatural, Resurrection Mary is known to frequent the area sometimes, although I've lived in the area for many years and never seen her.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:23:53 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sleepercaprice1:
I think the Willowbrook Ballroom is actually in Willow Springs. It's on Archer Ave. (Rt 171) between Rt. 83 and Willow Springs Road. If you believe in the supernatural, Resurrection Mary is known to frequent the area sometimes, although I've lived in the area for many years and never seen her.
View Quote

I believe you are correct.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:29:59 PM EST
I proposed to the wife unit at Blue Man. They scrolled her name across the message board, I grabbed a knee and shortly after I proposed the show began. She never saw the show as she kept looking at the damn ring
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:47:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By GrasshopperNOmore:
Thinking about popping the big question to the GF on NYE, but I'm having trouble finding a "classy" place or event to do so. Navy Pier would be cool, but neither of us are interested in dealing with a busy and drunk Chicago that night.

Western burbs would be ideal. Any ideas?
View Quote

Finer restaurants usually do nice package deals. Look into that.
Top Top