Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 7:12:14 PM EDT
The Daniel Boone Conservation League "Three Gun Action Steel Match" runs from 10-5. Shooters are generally done in 45 minutes depending on the number of entrants present at the time.
The Three Gun Action Steel Match consists of 6 stages.

Each stage consists of five 8" X 8" steel plates. At the start command you engage the plates with as many rounds necessary. There is a time limit of 30 secs for each stage.

1. 5 plates at 25 yds, pistol, strong hand only.
2. 5 plates at 50 yds, pistol, both hands.
3. 5 plates at 25 yds, shotgun, buck load.
4. 5 plates at 75 yds shotgun, slugs.
5. 5 plates 100 yds, rifle, standing.
6. 5 plates at 200 yds, rifle prone.

The winners in the various classes are the highest number of plates hit. Ties are decided by the shortest total time.

There are no limitations on calibers or optics. Bring whatever you can hit with. Class 3 fully automatic weapons are not allowed.

The cost is $4 to enter and $3 to shoot again.

Winners are in:
Top handgun.
Top shotgun
Top rifle.
Match winner, second and third.
Top lady shooter.
Top junior shooter

Directions to the club.

If coming from west of Milwaukee, use I94E to Hwy "J" North and it will become Hwy 164 North.  This is one exit west of Hwy 164 but if you miss it, just take Hwy 164 North (At American TV, look for big flag) and follow the signs and it will "jog" back to where Hwy J joins in.  Follow Hwy 164 North for about 20 minutes to the intersection of Hwy 167, and turn left (West). Club on right, 3/4 mile.

If you are coming from Milwaukee, I suggest I94W to 45N. Exit 45N at "167W, Holy Hill", about 10 miles north of I94. The exit south of this is 167E which you do not want. Proceed west on 167W for about 4 miles.
After the second stop sign (cross Hwy 164)the Daniel Boone entrance will be on your right about 3/4 of a mile. There is a large sign for the club but it is carved and not very obvious to drivers.

On the club grounds you will cross a bridge, bear left to the main car park. The match will be on the 200m range which is to the right of the car park.

The club is for members only, but the Three Gun Action Steel Match is open to the public.

Have a look at http://www.dbcl.org/ for more info on the club facilities and activities.

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I would so be there is it weren't for the fact that the Wi IPSC Sectional is on the same day!

This match is a hoot - I'd encourage anyone to go check it out - and if you don't have 3 guns, ASK!

The Match Director (Joe), will hook you up no problemo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to clarify.  This is a FUN match. Don't let the fact that there are scores and awards discourage you. Everyone pretty much shoots whatever weapons they have and we all have a blast.  I've yet to see someone walk off the line without a huge grin on their face! Hope to see some of you there.  The next and final match of the year is on December 7th, 2003.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I better check out my stuff and make sure it's ready!!!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I went and shot the match today, my first ever.  Should have taken the 20" w/scope for the 100 and 200m stages.  Did the best on the 25m shotgun/buckshot stage, two handed pistol 50m stage, and the 75m shotgun/slugs stage.  I shot a 16" A-1 with a red dot and it was the wrong choice for me for plates at 100 and 200m.  Raining and hazy too.  After my toys being gone for so long, I stunk.

Though my disorganization managed to irritate some of the shooters there (this was my very first match), the facility is very nice and the match director was very helpful.  Special thanks to Brian H too for helping me out with ammo, loaning my guest some muffs, and helping me with the course of fire!  I had a great time.  Next one is Dec 7th.  There is also a running deer/steel AR shoot next Sunday.  If you go, be organized and prepared to have a good time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top