Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:55:40 PM EST
Hey!

Had a great time! We did almost have to call in Cartman for a disgruntled local! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet everyone personally. There were very few lulls in the action. The brass was flying hot and heavy! It was another one of those "damn I need more ammo" situations. A couple hundred rounds goes real fast. I did get a chance to try out some Wolf poly coated 223 as well as a new polymer cased 223 ammo (can't remember the brand). Thanks to Walter from Quantico Arms for bringing up some interesting firearms to try out! We will definitely have to do this again!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:09:54 PM EST
Had a great time as well. Sorry I had to jet but had to get back for the other family gathering. "CLD STL" good job at keeping up following me out to 81. Tried to keep it "casual".

Great seeing everyone again. See ya at the next get together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:56:39 PM EST
That was a lot of fun! It was good to see so many were able to partake. L-R-T, thanks for taking care of us with the grill and flesh! Can't hardly wait for the next get together.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:08:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARMLT15:
Hey!

Had a great time! We did almost have to call in Cartman for a disgruntled local!

Yeah that was really bizzare. Which one of us pissed that guy off ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:34:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 2:40:27 PM EST by gotm4]

Yeah that was really bizzare. Which one of us pissed that guy off ?

What did this jerkoff say and to whom?

I only heard about it when we were eating. I didn't know why all the mags dumps and them they told me at lunch it was to piss the guy off. Seemed to work he finally left about 1/2 hour after we arrived.

It was great fun. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Can't wait for BRD and REALLY CAN'T WAIT for the sunset.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:54:53 PM EST
Hey!

LRT..great cheff'n! I didn't get the whole conversation...I was checking my tires in the lot Basically the guy (local) went off the deep end for nothing! The guy reminded me of one of the village people without the hat! He probably didn't take his prosac before he left the house. He was definitely outnumbered anyway Thanks to all the other guys and gals for sharing their toys!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:58:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 4:00:15 PM EST by GruntPL]

Originally Posted By grywlf52:
"CLD STL" good job at keeping up following me out to 81. Tried to keep it "casual".

Thanks grywlf52 for allowing me to follow you out to 81. It was helpful.

Had a great time getting to know more people from the site. Can't make it to BRD because of work but look forward to meeting up with you guys again. Once Hunt101 is up, I'll upload pictures I took out there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:08:53 PM EST
Hey GruntPL:

I use the following site for my pics...I don't know what happened to Hunt101.com?

www.imageuploader.net
The only problem is you have to write down all the file names and keep them recorded. Once you close the page there's no way to review all the pics you uploaded.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:22:47 PM EST

sorry i missed it,.. Had a long night!., Got the pics to prove it
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:44:37 PM EST
The local went off on me. Evidently I cut him in line for a bench. Didn't realize it. He started screaming at me and throwing the Fbombs for at least 5 minutes. Normally I go full throttle in a hurry but I didn't think getting in a fight at the shooting range was the right path to take. I tried to ignore him but he made it difficult. Once again, I am not a passive kinda guy and I surprised myself by showing restraint. His beef related to all us "people from VA/MD" taking over and his tax dollars paying for the range and blah blah blah. I kinda took the wind out of his sails when I reminded him that half the people in this god forsaken County work in NOVA.

Later on I thought I'd play the diplomat (could have been my State Dept Diplomatic Security badge) but I told the guy I ment no dis-respect and it was an inadvertant cut. He explained that he hadn't had a good day and took it out on me. Evidently he wook up at 3:00AM to go to Walmart and he got a bloodly nose and went to the ER and had to wait for 4 hours.......evidently he never heard of triage . He told me he has a bad temper.

I told him mine is really bad and I have to take pills to stay on an even keel . I happened to have an unrelated prescription bottle in my pocket and I showed it to him and then "remembered" that I hadn't taken my pill yet. I can't describe the look on his face but he immediately left after that exchange

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:54:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By watertower:
That was a lot of fun! It was good to see so many were able to partake. L-R-T, thanks for taking care of us with the grill and flesh! Can't hardly wait for the next get together.
Scott

You are very welcome

I used to have 40 to 70 Marines over to the house for cookouts and enjoy cooking buring meat for my shooting friends.

At least no one chanted "cook him, cook him" when the grill could not keep up with the cooking

I enjoyed meeting everyone

I say we had at least, 30+ people in attendance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:56:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARMLT15:
Hey!

Had a great time! We did almost have to call in Cartman for a disgruntled local! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet everyone personally. There were very few lulls in the action. The brass was flying hot and heavy! It was another one of those "damn I need more ammo" situations. A couple hundred rounds goes real fast. I did get a chance to try out some Wolf poly coated 223 as well as a new polymer cased 223 ammo (can't remember the brand). Thanks to Walter from Quantico Arms for bringing up some interesting firearms to try out! We will definitely have to do this again!

Had a battle pack of .223 nato for you, just never had a chance to give it to you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:10:52 AM EST
damn,wish I could have made it,sounds like a good time was had by all.Maybe next time....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:48:09 AM EST
Oops... I posted some pics over in the other thread.... Didn't see this one!
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=182794&page=6
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:06:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 4:07:15 PM EST by Hoplophile]
Thanks to everybody for coming out. It was one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:57:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:53:16 AM EST
Bomber you have a lot or restraint. I'm a pretty patient guy and I usually suffer fools lightly. But I think had he got in my face and said something like that to me he would have spent the day trying to extract his muzzleloader from his ass.

Originally Posted By thebomber:
The local went off on me. Evidently I cut him in line for a bench. Didn't realize it. He started screaming at me and throwing the Fbombs for at least 5 minutes. Normally I go full throttle in a hurry but I didn't think getting in a fight at the shooting range was the right path to take. I tried to ignore him but he made it difficult. Once again, I am not a passive kinda guy and I surprised myself by showing restraint. His beef related to all us "people from VA/MD" taking over and his tax dollars paying for the range and blah blah blah. I kinda took the wind out of his sails when I reminded him that half the people in this god forsaken County work in NOVA.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:21:19 PM EST
looks like someone fixed the upright some asshat shot in two holding up the roof.years ago there was a nice outhouse there,they ended up tearing it down when it became to full of bullet holes
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:11:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By colklink:
years ago there was a nice outhouse there,they ended up tearing it down when it became to full of bullet holes

That explains why everybody has to drive 20+ minutes to find any kind of facilities.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:42:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

Had a battle pack of .223 nato for you, just never had a chance to give it to you.

If you are handing out ammo like that I sure could use some..lol

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:57:58 PM EST
I'm glad I was able to get up there for a little while. Man, was that place LOUD!

Other than Bobby from Manassas who came over to introduce himself and chat for a few minutes, I didn't get to learn any names and don't have all the screen names put together yet so I mean no disrespect by not addressing these people properly. Wanted to thank the gentleman in the tan Nike shirt and hat who let me check out the EO 551 he'd just gotten and also the gentleman in the red AR15.com polo shirt that let me look downrange with his Aimpoint. After getting a better look at both optics seems like the continuous debate here over those two is way overrated. Both seem completely usable to me. I don't see a bad choice between the two. Maybe that'll change with more exposure to them. Most everyone that I talked to offered to let me fire thier rifles - very generous.

A question for the gentleman in the blue "SUSPECT" shirt with 2 nice carbines. What kind of sling were you using? Troy maybe? And the attachment loop? And where can I get a shirt like that???

Hey, had a good time. I'll keep checking here to see when the next one is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:55:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By BH1:
A question for the gentleman in the blue "SUSPECT" shirt with 2 nice carbines. What kind of sling were you using? Troy maybe? And the attachment loop? And where can I get a shirt like that???

That was GotM4, and those shirts are/were available in the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:40:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By BH1:

That was GotM4, and those shirts are/were available in the equipment exchange.

Ones a DPMS loop and I forget the make of the other but it's an ambi loop both from Adredalin Arms here on ARFCOM. And the slings are from www.ohiorapidfire.com They're not listed on the web site but I think I paid $15 ea and they come with the HK style snap on them and come in green or black.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:31:56 PM EST
OK I know this is a few weeks too late but I found the pics on the hard drive woohoo yeah me and this not being able to sleep so here are two little pics from sleepycreek one was either a very lucky slug at 100 yds or someone with a .50 AR wonder who that could be.

VA-Spook

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:59:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 5:39:27 AM EST by gotm4]

Originally Posted By VA-Spook:
OK I know this is a few weeks too late but I found the pics on the hard drive woohoo yeah me and this not being able to sleep so here are two little pics from sleepycreek one was either a very lucky slug at 100 yds or someone with a .50 AR wonder who that could be.

VA-Spook

img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/va_spook/holein1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/va_spook/lotslove.jpg

I plead the fiz-iff!

LRT may tell you otherwise but don't believe him, there's no way I'd shoot at someone elses target!

Took me a while to figure out where it was hitting though. I confirmed the zero at the NRA Range is it was only off 4 clicks low on elevation at 25 meters, windage was perfect. Shot it at 150 yds yesterday and could hit the steel plate at Hite Hollow just about every time.

Had to go to a ACE stock on this badboy, broke a Crane Clone (Airsoft) .
Top Top