Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:23:48 AM EDT
ummmm.....what is this method of shooting?.....I may just be a dipshit, but please explain the concept.....Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

....thanks neighbor.....but really, what is it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit..Don't ask me...I was waiting to see myself.  lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a method of holding the trigger stationary while pulling the weapon forward.  The forward pressure counteracts the recoil and trips the trigger again.  It's akin to full-auto 'cept you can't aim very well (unless you have swingset's handy shoulder firing bump-o-matic)

All the burst mechanisms you see advertised for the 10/22 and the like operate on the same principal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's MO ARFCOM member Rsteinb bumpin' a 40 round mag.  

Rsteinb bump vid

I've also got one of predator86 bumpin my Garand that I'll post later....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Load gun, ready for fire, Carfully stick your finger through the trigger gaurd, hook your finger into your beltloop, Pull forward on the weapon. Shoot the top of the neigbors house and giggle. Make sure you try this where you have a REALLY high backstop. Its the same as shooting a full auto from the hip only with a crappy grip and no control. VERY unsafe unless conditions are right. Fun, but wait untill someone can show you to do it safely. Swingset is the King of bump.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone get a vid of the Garand bump?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
A good way to use alot of ammo and get attention or kicked out of a range.  I know shakyjake has the vid of me bumping the garand and maybe tz99.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Ohhhhhhh
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I see......thanks guys.......I think I'll wait on this.....lol......I'm still trying to see how fast I can pull the trigger 30 times....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
All righty, here we go

predator86 bumpin my Garand
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#12]
the videos look pretty cool though....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
All righty, here we go

30-06 on full auto sounds badass....

Now somebody needs to bump an M1A with a full 20 rounder.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
All righty, here we go

That was a good day at millers!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump Fire Procedure, as I understand it from reading ARFCOM

1)  Use a full magazine.  The biggest mag you can find.  Self explanatory.

2) Have someone hold your beer.

3) Have a buddy with video ready, even if its your first time.  Have enough tape, because you never know, you may want to eventually sell it to "America's Wildest Police Chases" .

4) Have space shuttle door gunner patch prominantly in display.  

5) Set firing line 87 yards from berm.  Assuming there is a berm.

6) Place gun and lower body competely underwater.  A "borrowed" baptismal pool from the local Baptist church works well for this.  Or maybe a livestock watering tank.

7) Proceed to bump-fire, keeping in mind that good manners dictates that more than 70% of bullets actually impact in the 180 degree arc directly in front of you.

8) Direct video-buddy's attention to the Cessna you hit, as it makes an emergency landing in the next field.

9) Step out of water, dry off self and weapon, and use extra water to thouroughly wash any flesh wounds among the onlookers.

10) Retrieve beer, finish it, and load another magazine.

And last: apologize to friends next week when range has a 5-round limit on semiautomatic guns.

Also, cool video of the garand.  Hard to imagine all that machinery moving back and forth so fast.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#16]
home with kids need to get out of the house more often lol.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
home with kids agrees with you, predator86.  I actually dreamed about shooting at a Cessna the other night...  Maybe today is a good day to plink,  looks like the snow is staying south, woot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#18]
After seeing the videos, my wheels got to turning....It would seem to me that someone would have come up with some kind of device,(homemade, of course), to do this......Maybe some kind of hook mechanism or something to loop the trigger to your belt loop or even your belt, therefore freeing up both hands for better control of the weapon...Hmmmm.....I think my two brain cells just rubbed against each other...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Use a large allen wrench that you loop into your belt, run it through the trigger guard and hold onto it but don't move it.  Push forward with your left hand and hold it.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Well you can always modify your tripod for your 1919. video
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Paul,
linky no worky for me....

there it goes
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
After seeing the videos, my wheels got to turning....It would seem to me that someone would have come up with some kind of device,(homemade, of course), to do this......Maybe some kind of hook mechanism or something to loop the trigger to your belt loop or even your belt, therefore freeing up both hands for better control of the weapon...Hmmmm.....I think my two brain cells just rubbed against each other...

It's been done, only my way you don't have to shoot from the hip.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332283

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
You have bumpfiring and you have real full-auto.
You have masturbation and you have real sex.  
It all boils down to your preferences and priorities.

If you attempt this please do it in front of a VERY high berm, close to the berm,
and preferably alone.  

That goes for bumpfiring, too.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#24]
i think there is a clear dichotomy between safety and freedom on this issue.

When done correctly, by someone who has practiced (a lot), or just has the touch, I don't particularly have any problem with bumpfiring, and doubt most people would.  The effect, and the control, is indistinguishible from full auto, and as safe.

What you don't see is the hours of practice, at a range where shooting wide may not matter, without an audience.  Similar to the basketball player who can shoot 9 for 10 from the line; you don't see the hours and hours of foul shot practice.

Trouble brews when Joe Regular sees Mr. Practice bumping at the range, and thinks, "hey, I can do that.  In fact, I have the same rights at this range as Mr. Practice, so I'm ENTITLED to do that."  And everyone scatters for the parking lot.  Except for Joe Regular's pals, who join the fun.  And then next week the 5 round magazine limit sign goes up.

I like making empties as much as the next guy.  I just do it at a plinking range where the "berm" is literally 80 feet tall (MRPC).  I also am impressed with someone who can deliver ACCURATE rapid fire, either by short auto bursts, or rapid follow-ups, or even bumping.  I wish I could do that, but it would require more hours of practice than I can commit.  And I would not think of practicing triple taps on the MRPC bench rest range, or the IH range.  Millers, well, it depends on how many folks were there, and how close I could get to the berm (still trying to get ArmdCtzn's disturbing image out of my mind!).

I think people are just going to disagree on this, and I guess I'm okay with that too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#25]
HWK,
Can't say I disagree with that at all.  Very well put
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Ill second that. He is right. It takes lots of practice to get accurate while doing it since you dont have the control if the stock of the gun was against your shoulder. Tho the device Craig made is damn near "Bumpfire for Idiots"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#27]
That's why I came up with my "bumper" device.....to allow you to keep the gun's muzzle pointed where you wanted to shoot, instead of hoping for the best.

No method of bumping is as controllable as F/A, but you can get darn close. And, if you use the device instead of wailing away from the hip the likelihood of hopping over the berm or hurting yourself or someone else is greatly reduced.

There is, oddly, an aspect of bumping that can be safer than full auto, and that is when the gun DOES get out of control. I've seen people shoot a full auto gun and the muzzle climbed fast and they continued to fire, which is actually instinctive (you go for a better grip).

If that happens when you bumpfire, where a fast rise happens, the tendency is to push down on the muzzle instead of pulling the gun into you, which effectively stops the gun from bumping anymore. It kind of shuts itself down, if you will.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Somebody needs to find the bumping videos from Rick In Vegas.

The man can bump from the shoulder something fierce AND shoot under total control without needing any gizmos.

He is The Master.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The man can bump from the shoulder something fierce AND shoot under total control without needing any gizmos.

He is The Master.

I can do it too.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i think there is a clear dichotomy between safety and freedom on this issue.

When done correctly, by someone who has practiced (a lot), or just has the touch, I don't particularly have any problem with bumpfiring, and doubt most people would.  The effect, and the control, is indistinguishible from full auto, and as safe.

What you don't see is the hours of practice, at a range where shooting wide may not matter, without an audience.  Similar to the basketball player who can shoot 9 for 10 from the line; you don't see the hours and hours of foul shot practice.

Trouble brews when Joe Regular sees Mr. Practice bumping at the range, and thinks, "hey, I can do that.  In fact, I have the same rights at this range as Mr. Practice, so I'm ENTITLED to do that."  And everyone scatters for the parking lot.  Except for Joe Regular's pals, who join the fun.  And then next week the 5 round magazine limit sign goes up.

I like making empties as much as the next guy.  I just do it at a plinking range where the "berm" is literally 80 feet tall (MRPC).  I also am impressed with someone who can deliver ACCURATE rapid fire, either by short auto bursts, or rapid follow-ups, or even bumping.  I wish I could do that, but it would require more hours of practice than I can commit.  And I would not think of practicing triple taps on the MRPC bench rest range, or the IH range.  Millers, well, it depends on how many folks were there, and how close I could get to the berm (still trying to get ArmdCtzn's disturbing image out of my mind!).

I think people are just going to disagree on this, and I guess I'm okay with that too.

I believe that I'll be Mr. I-Don't-wanna hurt/kill-any innocent-bystanders   so I'll leave this to the guys with experience doing it.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is The Master.

I can do it too.

BUT THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is The Master.

I can do it too.

You're right, Rick and I will have to have a bump-off....to the death.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Chuck Norris just got wind of this contest and he wants in.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chuck Norris can bump fire a muzzle loader.

Many people can bump fire from the hip. Chuck Norris can bump fire from the groin....and that ain't his finger doing the work.

Chuck Norris can bump fire a fully automatic gun. What's the point? He's CHUCK FUCKING NORRIS, that's the point.

Chuck Norris would never use a piece of wood to bump fire, unless selling it on TV involved standing next to Christy Brinkley.

Chuck Norris bump fired for the first time during the filming of Delta Force, killing 23 people on the set. He was using a phony rubber gun, but that didn't stop him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is The Master.

I can do it too.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many people can bump fire from the hip. Chuck Norris can bump fire from the groin....and that ain't his finger doing the work.

Chuck Norris can bump fire a fully automatic gun. What's the point? He's CHUCK FUCKING NORRIS, that's the point.

Chuck Norris would never use a piece of wood to bump fire, unless selling it on TV involved standing next to Christy Brinkley.

Chuck Norris bump fired for the first time during the filming of Delta Force, killing 23 people on the set. He was using a phony rubber gun, but that didn't stop him.

A big Thank you to swingset for that one.
I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while! I laughed so hard I do believe a small trickle of piss actually made it to my pants!! lol
If Chuck Norris knew we were talking about him like this, He would bump fire on all of us!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Okay Swingset, you have thrown down the gauntlet:

Chuck Norris onced visited some relatives in Pennsylvania, and bumpfired a water pistol.  The resulting deluge, cleverly blamed on a dam failure, is know as the Johnstown Flood.

Super slow motion photograpy of Chuck Norris bumpfiring a rifle reveals that he is actually working the bolt and giving the ejected cartridge a roundhouse kick.  It just happens so fast it looks like regular bumpfiring.

The above process, with a small phase delay each kick, was the inspiration for the Death Blossom scene in "The Last Starfighter".

Chuck Norris also once bumpfired a Stihl chainsaw.  400,000 trees were felled, and inexplicably, a large blue ox.

Chuck Norris provided the inspiration for the Laser back in the 1950's when, after a long day he amused himself that evening by bumpfiring a Boy Scout flashlight.  Six Air Force fighters were dispatched to investigate the reports of a "death-ray".

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Chuck Norris can bumpfire a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

Chuck Norris once bumpfired a pneumatic nail gun and built a house in 5 min. In the process killed 20 Mexicans.

Chuck Norris once bumpfired his.....um....never mind.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#40]
My god!   What did Walker Texas Ranger ever do to you guys??
If it wasn't for him, I would have never learned how to bump fire a pressure washer, or a swingline office stapler!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

hilarious post
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top