Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 5:19:21 PM EDT
anyone know of any sites that ship ammo to nj.  some sites say no ammo to nj while others say nothing.  anyone have any experience?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]

double tap
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
most places that say they wont ship to NJ are fools
you cant ship within NJ but can get ammo shipped from outside into NJ
weird huh?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
WWW.AIMSURPLUS.COM    WWW.DANSAMMO.COM   WWW.SPORTSMANSGUIDE.COM
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone point me to the law which says ammunition can not be shipped to a resident in NJ from a dealer in NJ?  IMO, I do not think there is one.

Ammoman says, "SORRY BUT WE DO NOT SHIP TO ALASKA, HAWAII or NEW JERSEY"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can anyone point me to the law which says ammunition can not be shipped to a resident in NJ from a dealer in NJ?  IMO, I do not think there is one.

I've read the entire NJ firearm law and couldn't find anything restricting the shipment of ammunition.  Must be a business decision.

Wideners orders get here UPS Ground in ~3-4 days typically, and that's where I get my XM193 and IMI .223 when they have it.

Sportsman's Guide is a good source for Wolf blasting ammunition and Winchester .30-30, takes ~7-8 days to arrive.  Use the AR15.com coupon if/when you order, pretty much covers the shipping.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammoman is in NJ and doesn't ship w/in NJ; however, you can drive to ammoman's wareouse and p/u ammo often discounted out the door . He advertises that from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
hmmmm...nothing in Nappen II either...hmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I honestly can't figure out why Ammoman won't ship within NJ, but I can only imagine that it's a pre-emptive CYA decision.

I just got a bunch of .45 Blazer Brass  from Natchez for a great price.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I would say it's CYA on his part. There's no law saying he can't. But I think he knows what he's doing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I honestly can't figure out why Ammoman won't ship within NJ, but I can only imagine that it's a pre-emptive CYA decision.

The only thing that makes sense to me is the sales tax issue.
Shipping to the lower 48 EXCEPT for New Jersey means he doesn't need to collect or remit sales tax under the current laws.

And not shipping to NJ keeps him under the radar on sales tax here.
How he can make sales out the door and not do NJ sales tax is beyond me, unless he's not registered to collect and remit it (likely), and that portion of his business is only incidental to his overall operation.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Yup, that sounds likely.  I've never bought anything from him yet, but I couldn't rule it out for the future if the deal was so great that it'd be worth the trouble of driving down to him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I just got a bunch of .45 Blazer Brass  from Natchez for a great price.

AFAIK, it's because the state police broke his balls about it because it was intrastate so he can't ship. Unfortunately for the state Sturmabteilung, their authority stops at the state line and there are plenty of out-of-state vendors who walk the walk not just talk the talk, who can read the English language, and who think the NJSP can kiss their asses as there is no law, enforceable or otherwise prohibiting shipping into the state. There are, of course, the usual gutless coward vendors who are easily intimidated and who choose to obey non-existent laws.  May those "fraidy scared little girl" vendors go out of business at light speed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:57:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ammoman doesn't ship to NJ because he is trying to be neighborly to mom-n-pop brick-n-mortar gun stores in NJ.  they gotta eat too.
ammoman doesn't ship to HI or AK because the air shipping expense is very high and it doesn't fit with his "price includes shipping" website model.

that said, you can back up your truck at ammoman's place and pile whatever you want in at prices better than the shipped price.  this is noted on his web site.  

also note that i have ordered from

- wholesale hunter
- natchez
- midway
- outdoor marksman

and had it delivered to me in NJ without any problem whatsoever.  go to the web page, add stuff to cart, check out, a few days later the UPS guy brings ammo to my doorstop.  could not be simpler.  the box will of course be marked "ORM-D" so there is no mystery that they are loaded cartridges inside.  

there are plenty of 5.56mm vendors listed on
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=222888
and without exception every one except ammoman ships to NJ addresses.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:22:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
ammoman doesn't ship to NJ because he is trying to be neighborly to mom-n-pop brick-n-mortar gun stores in NJ.  they gotta eat too.

That makes sense, simple business decision and for decent reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top