Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:14:51 AM EDT
GUYS I HAVE A AK47 THAT I WANT TO HIRE SOME ONE TO RE-VARNISH THE WOOD ON IT. THEY SAY IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF JOB BUT I AM NOT GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THAT. NOT LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT JOB, JUST BETTER THAN WHAT IS ON IT. I LIVE NEAR ROCKFORD IL . IS ANY ONE CLOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO TACKEL THIS JOB. THANKS. MARTY
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:47:00 AM EDT
Are you gonna come to Blastfest ???
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
Try sending a PM to Medcop. He had an SAR1 at last year's BRC that he re-did himself, and it looked pretty good. He could probably give you some pointers to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:43:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By martyd:
GUYS I HAVE A AK47 THAT I WANT TO HIRE SOME ONE TO RE-VARNISH THE WOOD ON IT. THEY SAY IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF JOB BUT I AM NOT GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THAT. NOT LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT JOB, JUST BETTER THAN WHAT IS ON IT. I LIVE NEAR ROCKFORD IL . IS ANY ONE CLOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO TACKEL THIS JOB. THANKS. MARTY

I'm in Lake County and I would be happy to do it for you. It is certainly not at all worth the effort and I believe they are laminated. I have seen some blonde wood sets on the market. Anyway, I am a skilled carpenter/Furniture maker and I love refinishing stocks. Problem is given the laminant, it may not only be impossible but you may not get a better result. If you really want it done, let me know and give me an idea of what you are looking for.
Top Top