Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:07:21 AM EDT

Yesterday afternoon I was walking around outside and walked through a shady spot by the building. I could feel a coolness in the air. Rather, it wasn't so much a coolness as it was a distinct lack of searing heat.

This morning when I let the dogs out, I could feel a slight tinge of fall in the air.

It's coming...... I can almost smell the faint whiff of RV exhaust on the winds... can almost see the dust cloud of a thousand, nay, a million Class A motorhomes. I hear the hum of high pressure tires as they thunder towards us, bearing down on us inexorably, like a plague of a million driving-25mph-in-the-left-lane-with-their-right-blinker-on locusts.

The Golden (Years) Horde. The Snowbirds. They cometh.

Dontcha know?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:29:51 AM EDT
Don't forget the Canadian Striped Whistlers, that elusive breed that migrates from the north, drives a huge land barge, wears suspenders, and when it sees the gas prices, begins to whistle.

AB
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:50:12 AM EDT
Its sort of like when a huricane is approaching. You can see it off in the distance as it slowly gets closer and closer, then BAM it hits. Maybe we should issue a Winter storm watch due to all of the snow heading this way.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:30:38 AM EDT
Just remember- officially old age doesn’t make you stupid. Therefore these people were idiots and assholes their entire lives. Makes me glad I spent my life here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:32:17 AM EDT
I just want to know how many broken MotorCoach carcasses litter the plains between Ottowa and AJ.....

When I can no longer safely drive a vehicle, I am gonna buy the freakin biggest motorhome I can find, head for Minnesota, and drive 6 miles an hour while takin up BOTH lanes all summer long....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:00:25 AM EDT
Imagine trying to live with them everyday... And yes, they drive like that all the time.

*Born and raised in northcentral Wisconsin, moved to Phoenix no more than a month after turning 18.*
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:21:54 PM EDT
Oh Lord...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:41:22 PM EDT

I see a Snowbird, the first words that come to mind: wood chipper.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

I saw a bumper sticker that said something to the effect of ' If they are called snowbirds, why cant we shoot 'em'..

got a little chuckle outta me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:37:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FlyByWire:

I saw a bumper sticker that said something to the effect of ' If they are called snowbirds, why cant we shoot 'em'..

got a little chuckle outta me.

Great bumper sticker, although with my luck some snowbirds would smash my windows with their canes...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:04:32 AM EDT
"So many snowbirds, so little freezer space"

And down here in Casa Grande, they're building 7more RV parks just for the blue haired bingo crowd..

I guess it's better than 7 more low income housing projects..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:14:54 AM EDT

I see that you are a classically educated man....just like me!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT

Ageist!

Come on, you know you love those doddering old folks. Making left hand turns from the right hand lane on a red light. Clogging every eatery with a mass of blue hair and Bryl Creem, insistent about the senior discount.

Charging ahead of you in every line in the supermarket with a cart full of groceries and a notebook full of coupons! After all, they're just people. Old People. In no hurry to go ANYWHERE in anything resembling a hurry.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:28:13 AM EDT
Thanks for the sig. Had to modify it for 255 characters.
Top Top