Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:31:09 AM EDT
... She's down, fuck
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:12:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 3:22:44 AM EDT by Turkeh]
Well at least now I know it wasn't just me. Now where the hell are we supposed to discuss my drunken naked sticky note adventures???

ETA: Back up!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:15:03 AM EDT
Its back up right now.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:18:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:
Its back up right now.

TEST

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:19:00 AM EDT
Its down again
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:38:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

Its back up right now.

TEST

way to much time on your hands...

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:12:24 PM EDT
w00t!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:25:00 AM EDT
Awesome, it down again. And now I actually need to discuss something important, video compression for the Cool Shoot teaser video.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:04:19 AM EDT
Huh, I've been logged in all night with no problems.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:00:12 AM EDT
Huh, weird. It just went down on me for about 5-10 minutes then came back up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:46:57 AM EDT
It crashed while I was on it and came back up again.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:54:35 AM EDT
Works for me.

AB
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:23:26 PM EDT
Works for me!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:20:15 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in Chino Valley and I hadn't heard of that site. I just joined up today. Certainly a lot more local guys posting than here. Looks like they have a nice equipment exchange as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:35:55 PM EDT
It's a cool site. Lots of really cool people, but they do have their share of dicks. Some are just blatanly racist, but 99% of em are great guys and gals. My best friend's wife is the mod for the women's forum over there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 9:51:49 PM EDT by Corporal_Chaos]

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

Its back up right now.

TEST

Is it wrong for me to want to hurt those D&D guys (especially that lightning bolt asshole)?

Originally Posted By 0123456789:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in Chino Valley and I hadn't heard of that site. I just joined up today. Certainly a lot more local guys posting than here. Looks like they have a nice equipment exchange as well.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:46:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:
It's a cool site. Lots of really cool people, but they do have their share of dicks.

You must have come across AZ_GUN_NUT!

Apparently he's a disgruntled former moderator over there. When you see what an ass he is, you'll realize why he's a FORMER mod!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:14:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

Apparently he's a disgruntled former moderator over there. When you see what an ass he is, you'll realize why he's a FORMER mod!

Yeah, you two have a personal admiration thing going.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:54:44 AM EDT
Please don't get me wrong, I am not judging anybody. They have the right to express their opinions, just as I have the right to express mine. There are those comments I do find offensive, so I simply choose to ignore them rather than raise a fuss and lecture my personal beliefs directly conflicting theirs. In so doing, I do not visit the site much as I find more than a few things I do not agree with and have no intentions of responding to in a manner that begins a pissing match.

I do not begrudge them their intolerances, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it, either. It's a free site - they are free to post, and I am free to leave. Lots of good over there that far outweighs the bad, and I have met some very valuable friends there, just as I have here. Sometimes pretending a certain thought or post doesn't exist is the best way to handle it.

What honestly disturbs me is the proffered bigotry. There are those who claim they have no prejudice, and yet everyone who is not like them is an outcast. I know this hatred well. I grew up in South Phoenix, white, skinny, and very poor. I was targeted by every gang in the neighborhood, and the very little my parents could do for me in the form of markers, marbles, and the like was constantly taken from me... after a long beating by a dozen or so vatos, garfield members, 9th street gang, and various other little bastards tough enough to make it 12 on 1 like the pussies they are.

I grew up HATING the mexican people. Then I grew up. I realized the very bigotry and intolerance I hated was controlling me and I was doing the exact same thing they did to me. A child calls this payback, but a man calls this folly. I learned from my past, but I no longer live in it.

I am completely, 100% against illegal immigration. But not every person with brown skin is a tonk or a wetback or a spic, just like not every skinny white guy is a drug addict, trailer trash, or a wimp; or any black is a nigger. I tire of the stereotyping and the childish antics of name calling just because a name is out there to be applied to someone different. If you have a point to prove, that point should be kindness, appreciation for what you have in the way of blessings, and tolerance - not idle commentary of heated words and spewed hatred.

I just became a member of this site, and there was a major factor that influenced my decision to support this site with my hard earned money in such short demand: I have friends here, I like it, yes... But I also appreciate the moderation of such descriptive terms that insult people's race or religion or size or sexual preference. Flame suit on, cause I know the majority of you hate the moderators, but there are time when men cannot police themselves and a real adult has to step in and hand out a big helping of STFU.

I'm white, skinny, straight, poor, and a born again Christian. I like to drink my beer, shoot other people's my guns, and enjoy the desert. I don't have a supermodel wife willing to expose herself on the Internet to make others lust; I don't have a collection of fine guns worth more than my house I don't even own; all my friends are not the coolest guys who visit the bars every night and sleep around; I enjoy the peace and quiet and solitude of the few friends I do have; and I don't have sex with different women every night... So I am different. Hell, I don't even own an AR, a situation I will be rectifying very soon.

I drink beer when I shoot, wear no eye protection, and tape together insane amounts of Tannerite. I am respectful to those around me, never even notice their color or ask about their level of education, and couldn't give a rat's ass how much money they make or their ol lady's bust size.

So I am an outcast - the man with no testosterone... Of course, those who know me will never say that, and would be the first to advise anyone not to, either, lest they get the ass kicking they so deserve.

So I don't really belong over there with those beating their chests in defiance of their peers and their attributes with 100,000 worth of guns and brand new houses and trucks. I can be kind and peace loving and giving without worrying about anyone else's interpretation of my manhood, and tell those who see it differently to go fuck themselves. I guess that means I do not really belong here either, but oh well.

I still think it is a great site. I just see a few people trying to ruin it. So, while I don't judge them, I rarely participate. Some of those guys and gals over there are the shit, and I damn proud to know them. To each his own, I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:38:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ_newguy:

The problem is I don't even know who the hell he is! I have like 20 posts over there, and he's already butt hurt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:46:57 PM EDT

It's a cool site. Lots of really cool people, but they do have their share of dicks.

One dick calling out another one huh Mark???

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:49:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ_newguy:

The problem is I don't even know who the hell he is! I have like 20 posts over there, and he's already butt hurt.

Your 20 or so posts are just childish and that's what irks me.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT

I drink beer when I shoot, wear no eye protection, and tape together insane amounts of Tannerite.

other than this line i agree with you 100%
(in my experience, drinking + shooting = holes in my apartment drywall. my eyesite is bad enough. and Tannerite doesn't do a thing for me.....)

except my skinny white ass is from Flint Michigan.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:13:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:54:18 PM EDT

A child calls this payback, but a man calls this folly.

Who are you? Solomon?

BTW + 1K
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:40:34 PM EDT

Please don't get me wrong, I am not judging anybody. They have the right to express their opinions, just as I have the right to express mine. There are those comments I do find offensive, so I simply choose to ignore them rather than raise a fuss and lecture my personal beliefs directly conflicting theirs. In so doing, I do not visit the site much as I find more than a few things I do not agree with and have no intentions of responding to in a manner that begins a pissing match.

I do not begrudge them their intolerances, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it, either. It's a free site - they are free to post, and I am free to leave. Lots of good over there that far outweighs the bad, and I have met some very valuable friends there, just as I have here. Sometimes pretending a certain thought or post doesn't exist is the best way to handle it.

What honestly disturbs me is the proffered bigotry. There are those who claim they have no prejudice, and yet everyone who is not like them is an outcast. I know this hatred well. I grew up in South Phoenix, white, skinny, and very poor. I was targeted by every gang in the neighborhood, and the very little my parents could do for me in the form of markers, marbles, and the like was constantly taken from me... after a long beating by a dozen or so vatos, garfield members, 9th street gang, and various other little bastards tough enough to make it 12 on 1 like the pussies they are.

I grew up HATING the mexican people. Then I grew up. I realized the very bigotry and intolerance I hated was controlling me and I was doing the exact same thing they did to me. A child calls this payback, but a man calls this folly. I learned from my past, but I no longer live in it.

I am completely, 100% against illegal immigration. But not every person with brown skin is a tonk or a wetback or a spic, just like not every skinny white guy is a drug addict, trailer trash, or a wimp; or any black is a nigger. I tire of the stereotyping and the childish antics of name calling just because a name is out there to be applied to someone different. If you have a point to prove, that point should be kindness, appreciation for what you have in the way of blessings, and tolerance - not idle commentary of heated words and spewed hatred.
I just became a member of this site, and there was a major factor that influenced my decision to support this site with my hard earned money in such short demand: I have friends here, I like it, yes... But I also appreciate the moderation of such descriptive terms that insult people's race or religion or size or sexual preference. Flame suit on, cause I know the majority of you hate the moderators, but there are time when men cannot police themselves and a real adult has to step in and hand out a big helping of STFU.

I'm white, skinny, straight, poor, and a born again Christian. I like to drink my beer, shoot other people's my guns, and enjoy the desert. I don't have a supermodel wife willing to expose herself on the Internet to make others lust; I don't have a collection of fine guns worth more than my house I don't even own; all my friends are not the coolest guys who visit the bars every night and sleep around; I enjoy the peace and quiet and solitude of the few friends I do have; and I don't have sex with different women every night... So I am different. Hell, I don't even own an AR, a situation I will be rectifying very soon.

I drink beer when I shoot, wear no eye protection, and tape together insane amounts of Tannerite. I am respectful to those around me, never even notice their color or ask about their level of education, and couldn't give a rat's ass how much money they make or their ol lady's bust size.

So I am an outcast - the man with no testosterone... Of course, those who know me will never say that, and would be the first to advise anyone not to, either, lest they get the ass kicking they so deserve.

So I don't really belong over there with those beating their chests in defiance of their peers and their attributes with 100,000 worth of guns and brand new houses and trucks. I can be kind and peace loving and giving without worrying about anyone else's interpretation of my manhood, and tell those who see it differently to go fuck themselves. I guess that means I do not really belong here either, but oh well.

I still think it is a great site. I just see a few people trying to ruin it. So, while I don't judge them, I rarely participate. Some of those guys and gals over there are the shit, and I damn proud to know them. To each his own, I suppose.

Thanks, Richard. Uplifting and illuminating. Interesting thing, hatred. I had an epiphany one day when I heard "Being bitter is like drinking poison, hoping the other person will die". It's nice not to carry around a hundred pound bag of rocks all the time.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:11:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:I drink beer when I shoot, wear no eye protection, and tape together insane amounts of Tannerite. I am respectful to those around me, never even notice their color or ask about their level of education, and couldn't give a rat's ass how much money they make or their ol lady's bust size.

You just described the 98% of us and should fit right in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:58:01 AM EDT
Gotta add a point here, folks.

Drinking a beer when shooting doesn't mean getting drunk and being stupid. I have an extremely high tolerance for alcohol, and 3 or 4 beers does nothing for me - not guzzling, of course. For me, personally, shooting is a very relaxing sport. It is like fishing... Even if I catch nothing, I am enjoying myself. So I am not shooting all uber-tactical with drop thigh rigs and massive vests, practicing close quarter combat drills and my roll out of the line of fire while armed drills.

Balancing on my leg hurts like hell, and I can only do so in my stance for about 1/2 an hour before the swelling and pain ruins my day and throws off my aim something fierce. Obviously, Demerol and guns wouldn't be the brightest idea. So when I go shooting I take Tylenol, wash it down with a few beers, and take lots and lots of breaks. I have to go slow, because I can't get down range to change out my targets, and I feel bad asking someone to constantly do so.

I am a very responsible drinker now (wasn't always like that). Even if I open a beer, I have a designated driver. I do not want to embarrass my fellow shooting enthusiasts with a DUI. Liberals love that shit ("Look, a drunk with a gun! See, I told you gun owners were evil and irresponsible baffoons!"). Camy drives, and she doesn't drink, and for her driving and changing out and setting up targets for me I buy all her ammo. One sip of anything with alcohol or one pain pill and I refuse to drive.

But I also respect the fact that many have no clue if I am in full use of all my facilities under these circumstances; and they are naturally and understandably concerned if we are shooting and I pop a few Tylenol and then pop a beer. Then they see me limping around like a drunk and it just ruins their day, not knowing the limp has nothing to do with alcohol. So I don't go to any organized shoots out of respect for those who do not tolerate alcohol and firearms. Guys like NEFP know me and know for a fact I am extremely safe when I am shootig - safer than most, in fact. No NDs and no Ads, never muzzle swept anyone, and the last time I forgot to safety my piece was when I was 16. But no one but me can know this, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Maybe when I get my prosthetic the pain won't be so bad and I can make a day of it and attend some organized shoots and get to know y'all. Oh, and FWIW, the very very few organized shoots I have attended I disarmed and removed myself from the firing line before even opening a beer OR taking even Tylenol. I don't shoot after that, once again, out of respect for others on the line who do not approve. It is just easier to go out with a friend or two that understand my situation and know for a fact I am a safety miser.

I just wanted to clear that up so that y'all didn't take my comments to mean my shooting involved a kegger party, LOL. I always leave with more trash then I packed in, and I never litter. I'm actually a pretty decent guy once you get to know me and understand I am very limited in what I can do without some form of pain control.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:05:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ_Gun_Nut:
Your 20 or so posts are just childish and that's what irks me.

Why do you care? I surely don't care about what you post. You remind me of DonR.
Top Top