Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 8:38:42 PM EDT
Fuckmotherfuckingassholemotherfuckinggodamfuckingstupidthieves.

And thank you, you sorry piece of shit who screwed up my hunt with my 13 year old by stealing my tree stand.

I had it set up in a pretty little hammock, five minute walk from the parking area where I had seen a lot of deer.

Trying to get my son out from behind his computer, and show him another side of the world.

Wanted to make it easy and interesting for him to get him out there.

We hunted it once together during archery, and had a good time, even though we didn't see a deer. He was up for todays muzzloading hunt. Got there and the blind material, ratchet strap and seat back were tossed in the bushes, stand gone.

Fucking assholes. I sat it yesterday until noon. They got it last night or this morning.

Got a youth hunt coming up with him in two weeks, and now my only two seat ladder is gone.

So we rode around in the truck, I had already marched him a mile or so to retrieve my climber that I had left out deeper in case he didn't want to come, he was hot and tired, and didn't want to sit on the ground.

Thieves will be my undoing, if I ever catch one in the act.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. did you notice any other stands set up close by?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks. did you notice any other stands set up close by?
View Quote

There was a group who had flagged every trail in the area, including the one I was on.

I found 4 of their stands before the archery hunt, and found one a few hundred yards in on the trail I was on, so I set up there anyway, they were a little miffed because that wasn't theirs, they had flagged the hammock I set up in for a friend who was coming later.

I was like sorry, you can't just flag off every trail on public land, no stand there, I'm setting up.

They seemed ok with it  back in Archery, but maybe they took revenge.

Done and over now, stand is long gone.

My own stupid fault for not cabling it off, but I've just been behind the eightball this year, and didn't dig out the long cable I needed for the ladder

Thieves.......
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate ass hats like that ...good ass whoopin should be had ...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Where was this?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where was this?
View Quote

Rock Springs WMA
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rock Springs WMA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where was this?

Rock Springs WMA

Yep... more than likely they went black ops on you and took the stand after dark to discourage you from hunting in the general area... I've experienced similar attitudes by locals who think the WMA belongs to them. Stationary stands sure are nice... but if put in a WMA the chances are high someone will mess with it sooner or later.

The ONLY WMA that I'd even consider hunting in (of the ones I'm familiar with) and leaving a stand is Jumper Creek in Sumter county via the river... but with other/better hunting options and no boat, I've not been in there in a few years now.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
that sucks
I have a friend who had his stand stolen (back in NYS)  however he did catch them on trail cam and gave the photos to law enforcement
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hate ass hats like that ...good ass whoopin should be had ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
sure does suck, but really I'm not that surprised.  

I quit messing with seminole forest, it's poached so badly it's disgusting.  It's like following the rules is for suckers, and thanks for the free shit too.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I quit messing with seminole forest, it's poached so badly it's disgusting.  It's like following the rules is for suckers, and thanks for the free shit too.  
View Quote

Poaching goes on everywhere....I'm surprised we have any animals left on this fucking planet.

Ass-backwards bubbas have taken every redfish out of Mosquito Lagoon and the Indian River...ain't no fish left in there to fucking find.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Poaching goes on everywhere....I'm surprised we have any animals left on this fucking planet.

Ass-backwards bubbas have taken every redfish out of Mosquito Lagoon and the Indian River...ain't no fish left in there to fucking find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Places gets popular it goes to shit.
Try poling for 20 min to get into fly range on a school to have some shit bird run the shoal edge to raise them up to see them vs actually spotting them...

The lagoon went to shit back in 04' Imho.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had FOUR stands stolen off my lease this year, so I feel for ya, PR361.

It's so fucking bad, I'm not renewing the lease.

Check your IM, by the way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you at least take a piss on all the trails around there?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did you at least take a piss on all the trails around there?
View Quote

No trail pissing, I picked up a rifle Hunt there weekend after this, I might be there, and them not.

Probably expand my horizons a little though, it's a great archery spot, decent muzzloader spot, but tight for a rifle, I like to have a bit of a view with a .270 in my hand.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top